Total Eclipse

Predictions were for 70% cloud cover, but we made the trip up to Erie PA anyway with little hope of seeing anything.

Didn't look good 10 minutes before it started:

IMG_004373.jpg

Two minutes before the start, it looked like we may have a shot!

IMG_004379.jpg

Miraculously, just before totality, the clouds parted and we were rewarded with a spectacular view!

IMG_004450.JPG

IMG_004461.JPG

Miracles happen!

Attachments

• IMG_004462.JPG
    IMG_004462.JPG
    469.6 KB · Views: 16
4/8/24 I drove from my Marysville property to Vernon, IN where I parked at Muscatatuck Jennings County Park. The wife decided not to go with me to the twice in a lifetime event; she took a cruise to the Caribbean and left me the car. I had always been working before, except 2017 it was 100 miles away and I did not have use of the car. 4/8 1400 cloud cover was nil. It was very warm 1300-1420: I sat in a lawn chair in the shadow of a cedar tree. I had 7 pairs eclipse glasses but the step children & grand children decided to stay home & play with their phones. Two couples at the park had not found any eclipse glasses, so I gave 4 sets away. The experience was everything it was supposed to be. I saw nearly 4 minutes of totality. There was a south facing slope in the park so I could lay on the mowed grass (on bags) and not strain my neck. I saw the diamond ring at the end. Leaving there was almost no traffic, since Louisville TV news had been touting Seymour and Scottsburg on the freeway. I did have to wait for 100 cars to exit the park. But I watched the dragon regurgitate the sun during that time. 2 miles south of the park 90% of the cars veered left to Madison IN and Lexiington KY. I saw on the news when I got home at 1730, there still was a major slowdown on southbound I65. Ha! Read a map. I took Hwy 3 and 203 north from Charlestown, IN.

Last edited:
Back