Toseven DM02 500W Motor

PedalUma

Region
USA
City
Petaluma, CA
Hi,
I just unboxed my first Toseven DMO2, 500W, 90Nm motor. It came with some nice things, for example a programing dongle and a transformer the plugs in the wall for programing the display off the bike. Everything is fully programable through the display, so you don't need to use a computer interface to program the controller from a PC, but you get that wire if you want it with USB. Then when the display is on the bike and powers up it programs the controller. I went for the 42-t chainring on this one. It is beautifully made. I just removed the main gear cover. This sucker is built. And I packed it full of grease that is waterproof and works from -40C to 1650C. The kit came with the optional throttle and hydro levers, but I am not using those. I misplaced my camera today but promise to post photos and some video to YouTube.

Last edited:
Sweet. Can’t wait to see the finished product.
I just opened the other side of the motor and packed all of its moving parts with the same grease and put some on the O-ring at the seam of the two halves of the motor. That grease is nice. It is like waterproof plumber's grease inside faucets but has nano-ceramic balls. The controller inside the motor case is the size of a match box. It is designed by the TSDZ2 architect and all of that service life feedback went into this design. The motor is similar. It looks better than a Swiss design and the internal finish of things such as clutches and rollers is top-notch.

I am not using the provided motor mount but using my own. It is a stainless M8 cap screw wrapped with innertube to quiet sound transfer and to solidly press up against the downtube. I will lever it tight there while securing it. I will then undo it and score the bb shell at the ten impression marks with a triangular file and stubby hacksaw blade so that the securing plate bites in solidly. Blue Loctite goes on everything. And I will then use a shim inside the bb shell along with anti-seize to make that tight with no play.

Attachments

• Toseven DM02 View.jpg
    Toseven DM02 View.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Warning: Do Not Download the Programming App. It is filled with evil malware. I am surprised they could even see or find me on google maps, no one can see google in China unless they have high party connections and a very specific purpose. Go for a printable manual. I can update this if it changes.

When I asked yesterday for a programing manual that I can print to program through the display, they just sent a link to the Chinese malware again. I told them that the file needs to be cleaned up with the corruption removed before I can download it.

I ditched or delayed the big cargo and am going for a gravel buyer tomorrow. He is a programmer and gets his kicks, and rocks off (of his tires) by solving this stuff. He loves it. That China places malware on bike controller programing is a big downer. I am narrating the experience as it happens. Not with hindsight. When you are running out front you get morning cobwebs in your face. I have plenty on mine.

I ditched or delayed the big cargo and am going for a gravel buyer tomorrow. He is a programmer and gets his kicks, and rocks off (of his tires) by solving this stuff. He loves it. That China places malware on bike controller programing is a big downer. I am narrating the experience as it happens. Not with hindsight. When you are running out front you get morning cobwebs in your face. I have plenty on mine.
True _dat.
I would just try and curb the enthusiasm until it is justified.

Hi,
I just unboxed my first Toseven DMO2, 500W, 90Nm motor.
500 W makes 79.6 Nm. They cheated you right in the start :)

I have a question about that.

Isn't torque simply a product of gearing?
What if that motor had a step down transmission of say, 2 to 1?
Wouldn't you double the torque with the same 500 Watts? But less power and lower top end speed?

So here's my proposal,..

Install that motor on whatever you install it on, but couple all the gearing with a 3-speed IGH.

That will give the rider three choices of gearing and torque but rider and motor are working together at each other's best cadences and will tackle the torque and speed relationships together.

The ebike has three speeds.
The rider and motor could easily be matched to learn to ride that 3-Speed ebike.

500 Watts from the motor and whatever the rider feels like contributing.

I contribute nothing personally, but that's my choice. 😂

Pedaling SUCKS. 😂

Last edited:
I had one of these in the mid 70's.

Three-speed stick shift and a banana seat.

Screenshot_20240522-145155_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20240522-145038_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Stack a cluster on that and you're good to go.

I remember counting the chain links from first to third gear when I couldn't get into either 1st or 3rd.

The cable had stretched.
I tightened it.
I was 12 years old.

And why can't they wrap a hub motor around that 3-speed IGH?

THREE Speed internally geared hub motor.
1-3-2 Uphill-Downhill-Level Ground

Say goodbye to low torque or low speed.
You gots three 3⃣ speeds.

I USED That back-rest by the way,..

I could Push HARD On the pedals without me rolling backwards on the seat.
My power went into the pedals and didn't pull me off the handlebars.
WAY Easier on the hands.
You didn't have to input power to the handlebars. Just steering input.

I want GRIN, @Zen Support and Voltbike to help me with this.

We're all a trusted Canadian company. (Unlike DOST. 😂)

Last edited:
My new "Power Seat" works pretty good, but it looks even more stupider than my windshield,..

20240522_153500.jpg

But I think that it looks even more stupider without the windshield.

20230604_110440.jpg
20230624_130336 (1).jpg

Maybe I'll run it with the backrest and without the windshield, and go for Completely Stupid??

I rode my three-speed coaster brake bike today in the first time in months. It is so sweet. Very light with responsive feel. It is all controlled through the torque sensor pedals. Zero lag or over-run. The guy the Toseven is going to wants me to cut the display wire in four places and solder three joints. It is going through frame. I will also reroute the shift cable with continuous housing over the bottom bracket so it does not get crushed by the motor. It is also going from road to gravel tires.

I rode my three-speed coaster brake bike today.

Three-speed coaster brake replaced with 12-speed cluster and a hydraulic brake,..

I had a two speed and pedaling backwards changed gears.

Three speed needs to idle in reverse I think?

The guy the Toseven is going to wants me to cut the display wire in four places and solder three joints.

I cut lots of wires with no responsibility to anyone,..

20230303_212417.jpg
20230303_212456.jpg

My motor runs backwards.
So does my firing order.

Screenshot_20240522-161617_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Is It Safe To Freely Pedal Backwards??

Speaking of nonsense,..
If I had a 3-speed IGH Hub Motor with an 7 speed Cluster,.. It Would be ME And My Own Personal Power that would break the chain.

Not the motor.

My Entire Outdoor Gearing Would last forever because I only pedal when I have to.

Last edited:
The guy the Toseven is going to wants me to cut the display wire in four places and solder three joints
Wow! Might want to make pluggable connections if you need to revert or try other combinations. Though I’m sure you’ve already thought of that. :) Seems like some companies would ask for you to return the item and they send a known/tested working one. Less hassle for the customer and quicker resolution.

Hopefully the didn’t want you to resolver wires because their software mayORMAYNOT have a Trojan.

If there was a hub motor that could mount to the rim of a wheel, it could spin up a lot faster, perhaps without gearing??,..

The Center of Mass of the motor would very close to the ground if you mount the motor at the bottom of a hollow wheel.

Screenshot_20240522-164214_DuckDuckGo.jpg
ca50cb6caa4985029b8796dc51e664f4-613323606.jpg

You'll want to cover up the gear teeth though,

reevo-hubless-bike-is-what-futuristic-e-bike-dreams-are-made-of-149422_1-2898066263.jpg

I'm thinking a wheel like this, with a 500 Watt motor spun up fast, but connected at the bottom to get the Mass down to the grown

Hubless-Wheel-1-3974154195.jpg

I'm thinking a dual trapezoid suspension between me and the gound, like my 1982 Honda Suspension,..

maxresdefault-3669093116.jpg
16828622250_da1fdf5fa2_b-2205700732.jpg
english-sketch-of-the-honda-pro-link-suspension-8-march-2014-170754-american-honda-1-12oct-tec...jpg

Stick figure stoners that smoked 🚬 a Vado Vader

I remember being in grade 12 Physics class in 1982

We were studying frictionless surfaces.
The teacher asked "How do you get to the other side of a frictionless surface?"
I raised my hand and answered,.
"You turn around and blow yourself."

Without thinking, I blurted out not only the right answer, but One Hell Of a Wise Crack And the whole class Roared With Laughter.

I had no intention of cracking a joke.
I knew the right answer and said it.
I wasn't until I heard the roar of the laughter, that I realized what I had just said.
I thought that they were laughing at my wrong answer at first.

Turned out that they were laughing with me for my Awesome Wisecracking

It's all in how you look at it and how you perceive things,..

20240522_180222.jpg

Some of my old toys,..

20240522_183939.jpg

My Blue Banana 🍌 board from 1977.
My Roller skates from 1979.
And my Ripstick from 10 years ago.

20240522_185513.jpg

These are my original urethane Rollerskate wheels from 1979.
Everything else has been replaced.

I used those rollerskate wheels to hold me onto the tracks when I was racing.
4 Wheels running along Vertically Mounted to keep on the railroad,..

I installed them back on my rollerskates after the cops kicked me off the railroad.

Screenshot-2019-11-18-16-36-33.png

I was clocked going over 60 kph on a windy day.

20210824_003820.jpg
20210824_003631.jpg

I jumped and swang from trees

The Ripstick Wheels were $20 each.

20240522_184028.jpg

I'm right handed, and right footed (Goofy Foot.)
I wear my right foot forward and wear out my wheels sideways accordingly,..

20240522_185706.jpg

The tree that I used to jump out of has since fallen into the creek.
I was more than 40 feet up,.

20230408_151846.jpg
20230408_152010.jpg

20230408_151846.jpg
20230408_152654.jpg

Attachments

• 20240522_185639.jpg
    20240522_185639.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Back