Top Speed - Kinderlay versus Shimano

mskrone

Region
USA
Question. I know from previous posts that speed is a factor of ring size, gears, etc. If we are talking an unrestricted 2300W Hydra 26x4.8 tires, which would have the higher top end, the Kinderlay or the Shimano?

Gear ratio is the primary driver. Kindernay should give you significant top speed advantage over the Shimano 3 speed (assuming same front and rear cog ratio).

Gear ratio is the primary driver. Kindernay should give you significant top speed advantage over the Shimano 3 speed (assuming same front and rear cog ratio).
Pushkar, the Shimano I was referencing is the Hydra option you offer so I'm assuming your response applies to that particular Shimano kit? I should have worded my previous question better.

Oh.. they will be very close.

The gear range on cassette is lower, but for top speed, they get very close (since the rear on the cassette is 11T and front is 44T).

Question. I know from previous posts that speed is a factor of ring size, gears, etc. If we are talking an unrestricted 2300W Hydra 26x4.8 tires, which would have the higher top end, the Kinderlay or the Shimano?
what speed did u get?

What's your top speed mph?
No idea yet, still waiting for it to be built. I would expect in excess of 30 MPH though. I thought I caught a comment from someone on here that they were going 39 and that pegged their fun meter for the day. I cannot confirm that speed or capability though.

No idea yet, still waiting for it to be built. I would expect in excess of 30 MPH though. I thought I caught a comment from someone on here that they were going 39 and that pegged their fun meter for the day. I cannot confirm that speed or capability though.
Do you remember which post was that? Thanks!

Pretty sure it’s 11 x 44 teeth. I was pedaling as fast as I possibly can and can’t keep up for long. You could probably maintain 28 to 30 for some distance but still spinning pretty fast

Back