To "Juice" or not ?

I compared specs versus price, and could not find anything close to Juiced bikes. After my first 350 miles I like the CCX more and more. Juiced service is responsive; I cannot complain. I did have problems with the battery, but received a replacement. If you are looking for perfection, plan to pay for it.

I have put about 400 miles on my CCX and absolutely love it. When I received the bike I took it to a mechanic to true the front wheel and adjust the brakes, after that it rode perfect. I ride in "race mode" most of the time and it is a total blast. I have contacted customer support about a couple things and they have been super fast and responsive.

Reactions: jom
@Mike W Same here. I have 180 mile in on my RCS since the 1st of the year and absolutely love it. Always in Race mode I can do 30-35 miles without a sweat averaging 21 mph with top speeds in the low 30’s. Have had a number of issues all always addressed and on top of that received gift cards for the inconvenience.

Modifications I’ve made were a Brooks spring saddle and just purchased a Jones H bar with a 2 1/2” riser. I’m so excited about this bar.

Highly recommend Juiced bikes.

Reactions: jom
I have an HF1000 that I've been riding for over a year. It had its issues and when I purchased it I almost knew I'd completely rip it apart and add my own components. When the bike was under warranty, Juiced was reasonably responsive to support calls. The thing that got annoying was the number of emails needed to be sent back and forth before any replacement parts showed up. Also, during that time I think their support apparatus wasn't as robust as it is now.

In total, I have three other friends that purchased either a CCX or CCS. I haven't heard any complaints about the quality of the bike or service issues. The one thing I'd keep an eye on is the battery connector and where it connects to the frame. A number of users have had issues with that, myself included. I think Juiced Bike, while being innovative and creating their own 52v battery is a great thing. The issue is the plastic receiver pieces in the bike frame were likely never designed to hold the weight of the extra cells in the 52v battery.

I have an HF1000 that I've been riding for over a year. It had its issues and when I purchased it I almost knew I'd completely rip it apart and add my own components. When the bike was under warranty, Juiced was reasonably responsive to support calls. The thing that got annoying was the number of emails needed to be sent back and forth before any replacement parts showed up. Also, during that time I think their support apparatus wasn't as robust as it is now.

In total, I have three other friends that purchased either a CCX or CCS. I haven't heard any complaints about the quality of the bike or service issues. The one thing I'd keep an eye on is the battery connector and where it connects to the frame. A number of users have had issues with that, myself included. I think Juiced Bike, while being innovative and creating their own 52v battery is a great thing. The issue is the plastic receiver pieces in the bike frame were likely never designed to hold the weight of the extra cells in the 52v battery.

I am not sure the problem has to do with the weight of the battery. I agree that the problem appears related to the plastic receiver pieces; there are some dimensional issues. I think there is a marginal engagement of the male connector pins into the battery connector sleeves, even when the user has not experienced power downs.

Other than this connection, the other CCX problems seem to be statistically low as per the complaints one can read in this and other forums.

The CCX seems to be the best commuter bike in the market, specially for the long commutes. Is up to Juiced Bikes to address this pending issue and remain the unquestionable leader.

I am not sure the problem has to do with the weight of the battery. I agree that the problem appears related to the plastic receiver pieces; there are some dimensional issues. I think there is a marginal engagement of the male connector pins into the battery connector sleeves, even when the user has not experienced power downs.

Other than this connection, the other CCX problems seem to be statistically low as per the complaints one can read in this and other forums.

The CCX seems to be the best commuter bike in the market, specially for the long commutes. Is up to Juiced Bikes to address this pending issue and remain the unquestionable leader.

What I wish Juiced bike would do with the battery connector in the frame is mold their own version using something other than a basic abs type plastic. I realize that I run my HF1000 hard as a daily commuter, roughy 4000k miles last year. So my components are taking a beating, especially at the higher speeds.

The CCX is a great option at a good price point. I now have two friends that have purchased them.

@JohnJ: I am 5'5" and the bike is an M size.
Can I ask how you feel about the bike at your height?

I'm also 5'5" and strongly considering buying a CCX, but I'm worried about the size of the bike. I know the site says the size M will fit but I'd prefer to hear from an actual customer.

I don't wanna feel like I'm on a pennyfarthing and tipping over at red lights.

I'm 6'2 and have a large CCX. I was very concerned with the sizing and several folks here helped me out. I do believe they run big and there aren't many differences at all between the large and x-large. I'm not sure with the medium. It will be interesting to see John's response to your post. I would also ask about inseam if you are longer in the torso.

Can I ask how you feel about the bike at your height?

I'm also 5'5" and strongly considering buying a CCX, but I'm worried about the size of the bike. I know the site says the size M will fit but I'd prefer to hear from an actual customer.

I don't wanna feel like I'm on a pennyfarthing and tipping over at red lights.

@DustyCornea, these bikes are tall, intended for commuting at relatively med to high speed, I would say, above 15 mph. Of course you can ride at lower speeds, but because of its short "trail", while been responsive to turn, they are less stable than other bikes at low speeds. Riding at low speeds with one hand, for example, requires some learning.

I think almost any person can use my M-sized bike and feel comfortable, by adjusting the seat. Compare the dimensions of the bike you are riding now with the specs of the CCX, size M. Size 28" wheels make this bike tall, and for persons that are short, it presents a challenge. On the other side, if you plan to use it for commuting, and your trip doesn't have many stops, you will appreciate this bike's speed and range.

For as long as your inseam is slightly larger than the standover dimension (29.1" for the M) you'll be OK, but it may require some time to get used. My recommendation is that if you are a casual weekend rider on a public path, shared with walking people, may be you are better of with a 26" ebike. If you will use it for commuting, at relatively high speeds, few traffic lights, don't think twice, get a CCX.

My inseam is about 29 and I'm fairly confident I can clear the top tube with shoes on, but it's going to be a tight fit and I expect uncomfortable. I planned on using the bike to go basically everywhere, as my primary transportation... But I'll have to ride at least some of the time on shared paths at lower speeds because some of the roads here are way too dangerous for biking.

Anyway thank you for the reply, I really appreciate it. I think I'll have to start more seriously looking at my other options. Sadly it seems like Juiced is not alone here, most value-priced direct to consumer ebikes bottom out at M sizes and 29" standovers, even on 26" tires (RadCity for example). Some offer stepthru's to make up for it but evidently Juiced is not one of them...

Love the CCX performance! As a 65 y/o "fat" guy, I would not be considered athletic by anyone's standard -except mine. In fact, according insurance statistics, I am considered clinically obese -what a joke!
Around here, it has been a very cold and overall a tough Winter for cycling. Snow shoveling has been my main means of exercising this season.
I took the CCX out for 10 miles around-the-block yesterday: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3449014335
I've traveled about 53 miles since last recharging. Still, the readout shows 50.4 volts /4 bars left from 10 remaining. I love the CCX's battery capacity!

Last edited:
My inseam is about 29 and I'm fairly confident I can clear the top tube with shoes on, but it's going to be a tight fit and I expect uncomfortable.

Is that a 29” pant inseam or your actual inseam measurement? If it’s your real inseam than the step-thru Cross Current S would be a better option if you can find one.

Love the CCX performance! As a 65 y/o "fat" guy, I would not be considered athletic by anyone's standard -except mine. In fact, according insurance statistics, I am considered clinically obese -what a joke!
Around here, it has been a very cold and overall a tough Winter for cycling. Snow shoveling has been my main means of exercising this season.
I took the CCX out for 10 miles around-the-block yesterday: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3449014335
I've traveled about 53 miles since last recharging. Still, the readout shows 50.4 volts /4 bars left from 10 remaining. I love the CCX's battery capacity!

Hi @bikerjohn , I agree. I have the CCS with the 52V battery pack and I get outstanding milage, as a fat guy weighing 225 pounds. I live and ride in the city of Buenos Aires, Argentina. We have over 200 km of proper, separated cycle paths and one can get ot a few blocks of a destination on the paths, mostly. There is a lot of stop/start, being in a city and this depletes the battery faster than is one was riding for longer spells, I would imagine.

I attach a spread sheet I keep, based when charging my battery. I try to keep, more or less to the 80% / 20% charge rule and use the graphic, I believe you posted. I do not have a programible charger but I work out the charge time needed, (more or less). The sheet is in kilometers but the average range I am getting using around 60% of the battery and riding in Eco is amounts to 56.09 miles per charge. I sometimes use the throttle to pull away from stops when I want to pass others.

I hope this information is useful to others and I send greetings from Buenos Aires!!!

Attachments

• ChargeData2019.jpg
    ChargeData2019.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 673
Is that a 29” pant inseam or your actual inseam measurement? If it’s your real inseam than the step-thru Cross Current S would be a better option if you can find one.
Thats my inseam measured from the floor.

I can't even find a photo of the Stepthru CCS much less a place to buy it.

3/19
Hi, OWNER OF THE JUICED BIKES CLUB HERE

I own a 1st gen Ripcurrent S (s/n 5) and have several mods to the bike, from carbon fiber bars to Shimanno Saint pedals. Currently, the bike's ECU and LCD display are at Juiced being updated to current specs. Since I have one of the first to roll off the assembly line, there were naturally several issues with it from the get go. The biggest problem I encountered was a dead motor b/c they had installed the ECU backwards in the downtube at the factory. This crushed the motor wire leaving me with a dead bike for 45 days.

Concerning ebike companies.... I think there ebikes out there you just hop on and ride. They do nothing overly spactacular and their owners are content with that. On the other hand, there are companies that make ebikes for people that like to be involved with their bike. You best own a bike repair stand with these bikes and kinda know what you're doing. You don't pay someone to fix that type of bike.

Both these types of bikes have their good and bad points, thus leaving room for endless debate... yada, yada, yada. I understand both sides, and since I am a repair person by nature, I went with Juiced. I will be fixing it, improving it and modding it always and I'm happy to do so.

Attachments

• Bike On Stand1.jpg
    Bike On Stand1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 685
3/19
Hi, OWNER OF THE JUICED BIKES CLUB HERE

I own a 1st gen Ripcurrent S (s/n 5) and have several mods to the bike, from carbon fiber bars to Shimanno Saint pedals. Currently, the bike's ECU and LCD display are at Juiced being updated to current specs.
... I went with Juiced. I will be fixing it, improving it and modding it always and I'm happy to do so.
An admirable tribute to you and Juiced. Ride on!

Back