Tires - size does matter?

My last tyres were magic mary's, I never got a single puncture with them, and that is just using standard tubes. If you go for the downhill casing version I doubt you will need armours. And they are brilliant tyres in general,
I'm running Minions ATM and I am still trying to work out which tyre I prefer.

If you want to do a mix of everything offroad and onroad then the Travelanch is what I would choose. But I doubt a rear rack would work on it, and 25kg is kinda heavy to have up above your rear wheel.
Not just because that weight high up will unbalance the bike.
(most wheels will advise that you do not exceed total bike and rider weight levels this will be around 130 - 150kg normally)
So if you add your weight and the bikes plus your intended cargo it may be close to that.
It has a long travel rear end so the gap between the wheel and seat tube reduces by a large amount when you compress the suspension there just would not be the room. And full suspension bikes in general do not cater for things like panier's etc so I doubt that you could mount one easily. When I need to carry anything large or heavy I just put it in a 60 ltr back pack.

The nice thing about any Ultra bike is you have plenty of power so you can have the long travel suspension, fatter tyres et

As an all around bike, would like to see other wheel options on which to mount different spec tires for some trail riding as well. I’m sure most of you have seen the new Bosch concept, but these wheels are perfect.
BE2FA9ED-4AC7-4CDC-BB1A-A69F16B756C2.png

Unless I am mistaken Mr Tuffy is just a tire liner as opposed to a full insert. I know that David Berry uses both tire liners and Tannus Armours , as well as flat- proof tires and slime! He clearly hates flats as much as I do.
Pretty soon he will be installing hard rubber tires like on tricycles ....ohh my bum !

I just installed Tannus Armour for my Luna X1 front tire last night. Holy cow what an ordeal. I sure hope you have thought about the labor involved in installing these pushkar.

I had purchased Armour for my Frey CC but never installed them. I was planning to put them in my Luna X1 but needed to go up a size as the X1 has plus size tires. I talked to Tannus America and they said I could swap them out if I ordered a set from them. The ones I originally ordered from Amazon came in retail box and they rebounded perfectly. The set I ordered from Tannus America was folded very aggressively and did not rebound back into shape. Tannus America told me not to worry about it that it doesn't affect performance but I could not get my wheel to spin without tire wobble. I spent a good hour or two massaging the inserts and got it good enough (or so I convinced myself) but I am pretty sure the remaining wobble is these places where the armor is deformed.

Here is a picture of the armor from Tannus America versus what came in my retail box. I have not had a chance to ride yet and not looking forward to doing the rear wheel haha.
I to installed tannus on my plus 2.75 /2.8 recons and they came as you described bent in box.
I took them out massaged them rounded and put them lightly stretched around a couple of cardboard boxes. Next day I put in sun for a bit and then pumped up tubes on the inserts.
They say in my hot suv overnight and were perfectly round in morning. Install took 20min.
I know it’s frustrating to consider but I would get the wobbly our out, do what I did and reinstall.
Also use a bit of baby powder to help the rubber surfaces line up and make it all smooth.
I really like the inserts properly running not wobbly of course
Good thoughts

Yeah. We have been advised to unwrap them and let them kinda regain their shape if in retail packaging.
OE packaging is different and typically not as tightly packed / bent.
The first couple of times it’s hard to put those in for sure. We are still ramping up and don’t have an easy way to put them on in yet.
Hopefully manufacturer will provide better instructions.

Yeah. We have been advised to unwrap them and let them kinda regain their shape if in retail packaging.
OE packaging is different and typically not as tightly packed / bent.
The first couple of times it’s hard to put those in for sure. We are still ramping up and don’t have an easy way to put them on in yet.
Hopefully manufacturer will provide better instructions.
This is a really great factory upgrade idea Pushkar. It is important enough that it would surely be the deciding factor when choosing between otherwise two evenly matched bikes.

Finally got my Tannus Armour to rebound back to normal shape. Decided to put one in the clothes dryer for 15 minutes and voila, it came out nice and round with most of the deformaties gone. Only problem is I forgot the other one in they dryer for an hour. Let's just say there was a bit of shrinkage. Almost needed some tire levers to get it on the rim but hopefully it will expand back a little, lol. Was able to get a tube inserted and inflated to help push it out while it cools down. I suspect the same fate might occur if left in a hot car.

On the computer right? Not smart phone?

I used to use those on Safari Web browser but have not figured it out since I switched to Firefox.

No, the little ribbon looking icon just to the left of the post number on the right…..
-BB

No, the little ribbon looking icon just to the left of the post number on the right…..
-BB
Sorry for the question ( I tried clicking and rolling over every icon and etc I can see. And tried google search and search bar here.) How do I reopen the "bookmarks" to get to posts etc that I have saved?

Sorry for the question ( I tried clicking and rolling over every icon and etc I can see. And tried google search and search bar here.) How do I reopen the "bookmarks" to get to posts etc that I have saved?
Click on your username at the top of the page then click Bookmarks.

I had a LBS damage two wheels Alex35 rims trying to install Tannus Armor. I have now replaced the wheels with Bontrager Line Comp 30 TLR Boost and gone tubeless. IMO just go tubeless Tannus Armor is a nightmare.

Thanks. Just because someone at a bike shop doesn’t know how to install them shouldn’t throw shade on there value of giving you significantly more flat protection. My set for blue bike should be here soon and I plan to install them mysel. I got 2.0=2.4 aerothane super light tubes to go with them

Back