Tire replacement size compatiblity

Alan Sc

Region
USA
The original tires (Schwalbe P-one, 27.5x2.25) have tread left, but one has a split tread and must be replaced. I have seen several discussions about tires and have looked for the Schwalbe e-Plus tire, but the sizes do not match. Will a 700X50 fit? It is only 2 inches instead of 2.25 inches.

Depending on your fender clearance, anything between about 27.5x2 and 27.5x2.4 will likely work fine. Whether 700c tires would fit or not is a more complicated question.

And if you look on Schwalbe's web site, the G-One allround is available in exactly your size and is likely a great tire for you.

Last edited:
I have a question as well since I am in the process of getting new tires. I have a 27.5 wheelset with a rim width of 60mm and a 3-inch tire. The tire is not round, its stretched, and too small for the rim. In comparison, the OEM 26 wheels are also 60mm and the 4-inch tires are round. I have not been able to find tires for the 27.5 60mm wheelset at all and the 3 inch tire is not compatible. Any advice will be appreciated.

If you are in the process of looking for a new tire, you may overlook the numbers indicated on the old tire or get confused with the combination of inches and millimeters. This is why you should know how to measure the size of your tires. You simply need to complete these four steps to be ready to travel. It entails doing your homework, getting the diameter and width in millimeters, and adding up all of your measurements. For you to complete these stages, no further skills are required. To be able to complete the task correctly, you only need to be accurate and precise.

Back