Tire rec?

lerxst

I’m getting a 2018 Delite Mountain Rohloff and it’s coming with 2.8” Schwalbe Nobby Nic tires. It is my understanding (from the shop I bought it from) that there is not enough room for a fender on the front with this setup.

In terms of grip profile, I was thinking about going for Schwalbe Smart Sam 27.5 2.6” tires. Will they allow enough clearance for fenders? If not which other tire would you recommend?

Thanks!

Right now I have the Smart Sam 2.6 on my Delight Mountain and have installed a set of SKS Bluemels 75 U finders...no problem.

Hi Alaskan, I tried to install that same set of fenders on my Delite Mountain without success.

There are no screws for the front fender to attach to the fork, and the rear fender, while the lower attachment point was doable, the upper one had nothing to bolt into.

Got any tips or photos?

Hi Alaskan, I tried to install that same set of fenders on my Delite Mountain without success.

There are no screws for the front fender to attach to the fork, and the rear fender, while the lower attachment point was doable, the upper one had nothing to bolt into.

Got any tips or photos?
Hi lerxst,
In the past I have used plumbers clamps to attach guards to forks and seat stays on bikes without eyelets

Attachments

• 9AD7A953-2C44-42B8-8391-301C9E26D615.jpeg
    9AD7A953-2C44-42B8-8391-301C9E26D615.jpeg
    16 KB · Views: 506
On the back of the Fox fork bridge are two small threaded holes. I took a piece of one inch stainless thin stock, cut it to shape, drilled it out to fit where the holes are and then took two stainless pop rivets to secure a stainless L bracket to hold the fender to the fork bridge. I am in Alaska on the boat right now so I do not have any photos of this. Here is a zoom in on my 2018 homage that also has the fox float fork with the wood fenders from woodys fenders in bend oregon.

20181221_100700.jpg

That's awesome! Wish I could buy such a bracket premade... I don't have the tools to produce this.

I have a 2021 Superdelite GT Rohloff with Fox suspension and want to try out 2.6 inch tyres (ERTO 65-584) for the spring-autumn - ( Hans Dampf Addix Speedgrip SuperTrail front and Rock Razor Addix Speedgrip SuperTrail rear). Riese and Muller denote the fenders on the Superdelite as SKS A69R; SKS A65R, whereas on the SKS website they appear to be denoted as Bluemels 75U. Are these the same?
If so I should be OK as SKS says that 75U can accommodate tyres up to to 66 mm wide?

I have just fitted Super Trail 2.6 Nobby Nic (front) and a 2.6 Rock Razor ( Rear) on my Superdelite with Tannus Liners.....no problem fitting these under the original mudguards. So far I am really pleased with this setup.

I’m getting a 2018 Delite Mountain Rohloff and it’s coming with 2.8” Schwalbe Nobby Nic tires. It is my understanding (from the shop I bought it from) that there is not enough room for a fender on the front with this setup.

In terms of grip profile, I was thinking about going for Schwalbe Smart Sam 27.5 2.6” tires. Will they allow enough clearance for fenders? If not which other tire would you recommend?

Thanks!
Have a look at the SKS website. They are the fenders / mudguards as used by Riese and Muller.

They have a number of options of sizes and fittings which may work.

Back