Time from order to delivery.

Finally the Multicharger Mixte Vario is sitting at my LBS. I asked for the final total so I could arrange my finances but they submitted me the final total with the recent prices increases. Well I kept my documentation and after a polite phone call, we adjusted the corrected final out the door price. They joked don't bother with the $0.83 in the final amount. Super excited but unfortunately our banks are all closed for this long easter weekend.

This has been an 8 month (shy a few days) wait so it better be good. Also I am going to install the TERN Cargo Hold 37 panniers bags that are 18" long and will fit nicely on the rear rack. I tried to get the R&M bags but you have to order these at the time you order the bike. They are kinda ugly anyway.

We ordered two Roadsters on Jan 11, 2021 and paid for air freight. We also paid the entire price of the bikes up front as this is what our LBS required. At the time we ordered the bikes, the salesperson indicated late March production. We received the first Roadster in early May. The second one arrived late May. Both bikes are well-built and fun.

Last edited:
My lack of patience is one of many annoying personality traits. I had the good fortune to peruse this Forum section and that led me to a local R&M dealer with a floor model, 2019 Delite GX in the large frame size. Although I was not really in the market for another ebike, I decided to take a test ride.

All done in less than a week. Perfect! :)

Ordered a Multicharger Mixed GT Vario 2 weeks ago for my wife. They said it would take 4 weeks. We can pick it up tomorrow! Only 2 weeks! Unheard off in 2021...

I just found out our BC government just removed the sales tax from EV bike purchases. Two weeks after I had taken delivery and that would have saved me an additional $714. I should have ordered the bike with the front bag and had the delivery delayed an additional month. So those out there who live in BC, be it known provincial sales of 7% not longer applies to EV bicycles.

I just found out our BC government just removed the sales tax from EV bike purchases. Two weeks after I had taken delivery and that would have saved me an additional $714. I should have ordered the bike with the front bag and had the delivery delayed an additional month. So those out there who live in BC, be it known provincial sales of 7% not longer applies to EV bicycles.
Unfortunate timing for you but a great incentive! Wish we had something similar here for eBikes!

my friend bought a Tesla Model 3 and it arrived one week before the central Govt announced a $8k subsidy on EV! He was pretty annoyed! We susbsize electric cars but not electric bikes which would actually help achieve the real goal of getting more cars off the roads!

We susbsize electric cars but not electric bikes which would actually help achieve the real goal of getting more cars off the roads!
Crazy here in Oz, all because of a local company that builds ebikes whereby most of them aren't even street legal (Stealth B52 Bomber).

Crazy here in Oz, all because of a local company that builds ebikes whereby most of them aren't even street legal (Stealth B52 Bomber).
@webcurl that sucks mate!

Ordered my Delite Mountain Rohloff back in late May and was told delivery would be late August.
That still seems to be the case according to the website, i am expecting delivery in less than 3 weeks.

My Supercharger 2 showed up 6 weeks early. Dealer said parts issue caused R&M to shift around some production schedules.

Ordered my Delite Mountain Rohloff back in late May and was told delivery would be late August.
That still seems to be the case according to the website, i am expecting delivery in less than 3 weeks.
With 6 days to go before expected delivery i got an email from R&M in Germany to say that my Delite Mountain Rohloff will now be delivered mid to late October.

Whilst i'm disappointed, hopefully this means i may get the "new" spec Bosch stuff (which is still under embargo until Aug 31).

My Load 75 was originally scheduled for the week of November 1 per the R&M web site, but it now shows September 13-17 - last week!

I’m holding my breath hoping this is not an error and my bike is now on its way to me only 5-6 weeks after ordering…

EDIT: I should add that I paid for air freight, which was nontrivially expensive, and unlike some other models I think the Load 75 is unchanged from last year so maybe they’re rescheduling some others for changes to the Bosch stuff on those, etc. If it’s in fact on its way, it will be done 6 weeks early similar to bosscat’s experience.

EDIT #2: Propel just confirmed that it did indeed ship out from Germany last week, so the bike was completed 5-6 weeks before the originally scheduled date.

Last edited:
Update: While my bike shipped out 6 weeks early, it's not here yet and it has been just over 4 weeks since ostensibly going out by air freight - my dealer doesn't have it and has no idea when they'll get it, and R&M didn't have any other info to add beyond that air freight commonly takes up to 6 weeks. :confused:

It seems this may not save nearly as much time as some of us were led to believe or have experienced with other things (I got another fairly large, 100 lbs. international shipment by air freight during the pandemic in under two weeks, for the bike right now it appears I'm looking at 6 weeks or more), so think hard before you spend $1200 to expedite shipping - the difference between weeks and months in shipping would be one thing, but if it may end up taking two months to get it by their version of air freight, the amount of time saved, if any, may not feel quite as worth it as you expected in the end.

Update: While my bike shipped out 6 weeks early, it's not here yet and it has been just over 4 weeks since ostensibly going out by air freight - my dealer doesn't have it and has no idea when they'll get it, and R&M didn't have any other info to add beyond that air freight commonly takes up to 6 weeks. :confused:

It seems this may not save nearly as much time as some of us were led to believe or have experienced with other things (I got another fairly large, 100 lbs. international shipment by air freight during the pandemic in under two weeks, for the bike right now it appears I'm looking at 6 weeks or more), so think hard before you spend $1200 to expedite shipping - the difference between weeks and months in shipping would be one thing, but if it may end up taking two months to get it by their version of air freight, the amount of time saved, if any, may not feel quite as worth it as you expected in the end.
But how much of that time is air freight and how much is customs? I would imagine the backlog is customs clearance.

But how much of that time is air freight and how much is customs? I would imagine the backlog is customs clearance.
Could be but if so, they didn't give me any info that leads me to believe this is the case - and the way R&M described it to me when I pinged them to inquire, it can regularly take 6 weeks even without customs delays, referring instead to the difficulty of getting stuff trucked to air freight and then from arrival to the dealers. And even if it were customs (which is inconsistent with my experience for receiving other international shipments by air freight), if the backup means that the difference between ship and air is much smaller proportionally, it may change the value proposition of air freight. (If someone were, for example, hoping to get some fall riding in or take the bike on a trip, and in the end won't because the bike takes 2 months to arrive not 2 weeks, then they spent the extra in vain. And if it were $200 extra, it would be one thing, but $1200 is a nontrivial amount to spend ostensibly expediting it.)

Exactly. I think maybe they have stuff going on re: the trucking that has rendered this no longer as quick as it used to be, but if that's the case, they probably need to communicate with the dealers that air freight is now potentially 6+ weeks in order to manage customer expectations - if you were told by paying $1200 extra you'd get it in 2-4 weeks, and then that time frame ends up significantly off, this becomes a needless customer satisfaction issue that has nothing to do with the quality of the product and could've been avoided. (If you cannot actually reliably expedite by much, better not to sell it as expedited at all I think...)

$1200 extra is a lot if the difference ends up only being a couple of weeks

Update: One more week has passed, now ostensibly 5½ weeks after going out by air freight, no sign of the bike. I did get a little more info, it's allegedly been through customs for a while now (at least a week, perhaps substantially more) and is reportedly just sitting somewhere waiting on some trucking company with no particular delivery requirement. 😞

Update: One more week has passed, now ostensibly 5½ weeks after going out by air freight, no sign of the bike. I did get a little more info, it's allegedly been through customs for a while now (at least a week, perhaps substantially more) and is reportedly just sitting somewhere waiting on some trucking company with no particular delivery requirement. 😞
This is more common than you'd think. We had a bike sitting for over 8wks last year. International shipping is totally fucked right no one's happy about it.

Back