Thumb throttle

Majorkook

Region
USA
Hi. I recently got a new bike the BPM Imports f-15rs. Like the bike so far but the thumb throttle seems to only be on or off. There’s no gradual throttle control and makes it hard to use smoothly. Tricky to use especially when I’m on the beach. Does anyone know if there’s a way to change this or perhaps get a different throttle controller? The bike has a bafang 1000w hub motor.

2 things. First, the Bafang factory programming of the Ultra controller is pretty well known to be........less than what it can/could be. If this bike was built in 2020 or earlier, it can be easy reprogrammed to correct some of the settings causing your issue. If this is a newer bike, the controller uses a different interface that hasn't been cracked yet, so that consumers can change settings like the one that needs changing.

2nd, if you are pedaling when you engage the throttle, the throttle is acting kinda like an on/off light switch. If you STOP pedaling prior to engaging the throttle, you should see more of what you're expecting to see.

Got it thanks! I hope someone cracks it soon. That would make this bike perfect. When I’m on the beach in soft sand, it’s tricky to get going from a full stop.

Hi there , reading your thread it seems to me they find it quite difficult to cover all the cenarious that we encounter I’ve got a batribike with issues of my own notably I find it awkward to control speed but keep hands on the bars for control
Regards

Back