Thudbuster / Body Float

Bobstoltz

I know there are comments on both but would be interested in any new comments an whether I need to order a short or long.

I know there are comments on both but would be interested in any new comments an whether I need to order a short or long.

Thudbuster is based on angled lateral movement of an elastomer.
BodyFloat is based on a parallelogram design of springs and offers slightly better isolation.
If you're going to go with Thudbuster, LT offers more travel but also prone to elastomer becoming brittle over time.

Last edited:
Thudbuster is based on the angled lateral movement of an elastomer.
BodyFloat is based on a parallelogram design of springs and offers slightly better isolation.
Ravi. Being 70, 195lbs which post will give me the softest ride. Remember I came off a Pedego Interceptor. What about LT vs ST .... Bob

Ravi. Being 70, 195lbs which post will give me the softest ride. Remember I came off a Pedego Interceptor. What about LT vs ST .... Bob

I have used both. I would go with BodyFloat. It's a superior engineering design and offers a very flexible damping system. You can tune it with an allen key.
You can purchase various springs for $7 to really dial in the damping rate. If you order from Body Float direct, tell Charlie that you're part of the EBR community and ride an ST2, he may offer you a good discount that will bring the price close to Thudbuster LT.

I am about your size. I can't speak to durability, as I've had the LT just a year. But it is very comfy and much less money than the Bodyfloat.

I have used both. I would go with BodyFloat. It's a superior engineering design and offers a very flexible damping system. You can tune it with an allen key.
You can purchase various springs for $7 to really dial in the damping rate. If you order from Body Float direct, tell Charlie that you're part of the EBR community and ride an ST2, he may offer you a good discount that will bring the price close to Thudbuster LT.
Ravi ... thanks again will try to order tomorrow ... bob
I am about your size. I can't speak to durability, as I've had the LT just a year. But it is very comfy and much less money than the Bodyfloat.
Prof .... thank you so much for you info .... bob

I've heard both max weights are 250 lbs, are there any heavier riders out there who have used anything like this that can give me some feed back? Looking for riders about 300 lbs.

I am on a Body Float. Modified by Charlie because I'm in the weight range you are in (Kaldeem). I like the product and have logged in almost 1000 miles on it. no problems

I have had the TB LT1 for 10 months. 1866 miles later--many on very rough streets in Cincinnati and on sometimes bouncy rails to trails (like the entire Katy Trail in Missouri), the LT1 combined with my Brooks B67 are perfect. I used to experience a lot of discomfort, but no more. I weigh 220 lbs so I put a load on it and it's been great. No deterioration in the elastomer cylinders at all. I highly recommend it.

It looks like everyone on this thread has made their decision. For future readers here I'll add 2 cents.

I purchased the Thudbuster LT about a year and a half ago and have thousands of miles on it. Two reasons I chose the TB were price and availability at the time of my need. Bodyfloat was out of stock. I really wish I had waited for the BF and stuck a crowbar in my wallet to buy it!

The TB-LT is huge!

TB LT1.jpg TB LT2.jpg

If you're a shorter rider, make sure you have the space for the LT. You do get an assortment of elastomers with it and preload is adjustable. My biggest issues with it are servicing it, it creeks if you don't. In a year and a half I've had to completely disassemble, clean and lube it 4 times. That happened whether I used the cover or not. The other thing is it's not as fast reacting as the Bodyfloat.

I have friends with the Bodyfloat, I've ridden it, it's much smaller and in my opinion better than the Thudbuster LT.

When is body float or thudbuster going to make an option for us 300lb guys. We want comfort too!

Call up Bodyfloat. They fixed one up for me. I was probably heavier than you when I started riding about a 8 months ago. It works fine with the spring configuration he set up.

Call up Bodyfloat. They fixed one up for me. I was probably heavier than you when I started riding about a 8 months ago. It works fine with the spring configuration he set up.

What spring combination you have? orange/orange?

I'm not happy or proud to say this. But I have both with 1000 plus miles on each, I like the feel of both of them for different reasons.
But barrel nut on cane creek backed off and fell off. Could have caused me some injury, but did not. I emailed to have them send me a new one, they emailed back to call them for an order. I called them, they wanted to charge 3 dollars for it, I told them it should be free and he eventually agreed. So, its on its way- but, in my opinion they lost a lot of respect from me over those two minutes- cause certain things are just good business, and others aren't. imo. Barry

hi all
using a suntour ncx from day one on my bike
easy adjustable, not that large,

I have the suntour but not durable as the bushings are low quality
but the price was low too.
Will look to change the bushings to Iglidur or other

Back