Thrown back into indecision!

PatriciaK,

Wow, not sure if all the comments are helping you through your dilemma.

My final thought, that E+2 is a great bike at a fabulous cost. If you wait too long, some other buyer may grab it.

I sure do love my belt drive with internal gears. I imagine there has been a broken belt or two somewhere, but I have not actually heard of one. I am aware of a belt drive that has gone over 20,000 miles with no problems. I doubt you would have any regrets if you bought the belt drive.

Reactions: CSH
It doesn't do anything more - it just has the belt drive, which is supposed to be quieter (though I was not bothered by any noise when I rode the +2), last longer than chain and be maintenance-free, and integrated lights (which I'm thinking will be another drain in the battery). People who love belt drives have me a bit spooked about chain maintenance and replacement 😟. That said, I'm probably going to go for the deal - I loved the bike when I rode it. The dealer even sent it over to the hilly town I live in for an extended test ride in the local area a few months ago... I'm figuring it's time to stop overthinking and start riding!

I'm an old guy (69). My wife gave me a Giant Lafree E+ 2 for Fathers Day this year. I have put over 700 miles on it and have enjoyed every mile on the bike. I live on the side of a mountain and every route I take involves a climb back up the hill. The Lafree has plenty of power and a big enough battery for me to ride 1 1/2 to 2 hours at a time. I think you will be happy with your purchase.

PatriciaK,

Wow, not sure if all the comments are helping you through your dilemma.

My final thought, that E+2 is a great bike at a fabulous cost. If you wait too long, some other buyer may grab it.
Giant dealer said there were no more E+2 available to order. Plenty of E+ available.

Giant dealer said there were no more E+2 available to order. Plenty of E+ available.
If you're in or near WA State, or willing to ship, Gary at Skagit Cycle has both the +1 and +2 in stock:

Both models are showing up on the main Giant website, also.

I

Don't think the model is changing for 2020...
Giant dealer said it was being replaced with the Momentum Vida E+ It has no fenders

Giant dealer said it was being replaced with the Momentum Vida E+ It has no fenders
Glad I got the La Free while I could - don't care for the look (or the price!) of the Momentum!

Well I wasn’t gonna post anymore on this thread but I’m excited for you to get your bike.
Is the shop going to hold it until your return?

Well I wasn’t gonna post anymore on this thread but I’m excited for you to get your bike.
Is the shop going to hold it until your return?
Yep, they are! Also going to send a small frame over so I get the right size.

Back