Throttle or no Throttle? The Solution: Adapt!

So, if I purchase the thumb throttle for my new CC, but leave the Class 3 controller on the bike, will the the top speeds by 20 mph throttle, 28 mph pedelec?

Yes, that's how my bike is setup. The throttle is limited to 20mph but the bike will still hit 28mph on pedal assist.

So, if I purchase the thumb throttle for my new CC, but leave the Class 3 controller on the bike, will the the top speeds by 20 mph throttle, 28 mph pedelec?
When using the throttle the top speed will be 20 mph, but the bike can continue to 28mph with pedal assist. The throttle does not effect the pedal assist at all if you have the Class 3 display on the bike.

When using the throttle the top speed will be 20 mph, but the bike can continue to 28mph with pedal assist. The throttle does not effect the pedal assist at all if you have the Class 3 display on the bike.

Tora any plan to make a video showing off the new LCD display and it's features?

How does the throttle work? I bought one hoping it would fix some issues keeping my CC out of service but it doesn't work along with the new display. Probably need a new controller which I'm waiting to hear from them about. Does it response immediately to the lever or does the wheel have to be moving a certain speed before it engages?

The throttle should work all the time if you are going <20mph and the brake cutoffs are not activated. If it's not working there is some other issue with the bike.

I don't know about anybody else but my ocean current struggles to do 18 mph with the throttle only. I feel like I'm being robbed of the power this bike can actually produce, there is know way this bike is making 720 watts like we were told on the review and if I have to, I'm going to hook up a cycle analyst myself and prove it. It would burn the controller up. Let's be real, it needs the 9 fet controller, Tora said it himself so I want one and I will pay for it but I just get the run around. That and the LCD display, come on guys, get with the program.

No one is giving you a run around. Which OC you have? The kickstand on the rear or the center?

Basically they are just trying to find a easy and fair way to keep 28mph "electric motorcycles" off the bike paths without needing the police to be e-bike experts.
Yes.

Still an imperfect solution. As somebody noted, a "Lycra Dude" cutting at 28 mph through the weekend crowd on such a trail, will be within the law.

Also, small scooters. 500W motor, legal on a trail. At 200 lbs weight it will have a hard time doing more than 18 mph, but it will have a hard time stopping too, and the force of impact will be significant. Manufacturers put little toy pedals on it. It always runs on throttle, pedals are there only to bypass the licensing requirements. It won't of course go on real "trails", but on those smooth and straight, with kids and strollers, it will be same legal as a Lycra Dude :)
images

I have the ocean current with the center kick stand with the 17ah battery and I don't really think I'm getting a run around but I would like to get something, like the LCD display and the 20amp controller and I know the 35amp controller won't work but I would like to get the 750 watts this motor is capable of and thanks for the quick response.

The OceanCurrent with the Center kicks cannot use the 9-Transistor controller. The bend of the downtube was later improved to accept the larger controller. It is just the physical limitation of space. The only solution is to swap out the frame.

Send me a frame and the controller with the LCD display, thanks very much...

Electric vehicle technology at the moment is moving extremely rapidly. We try to design the bike to be open to new developments. But its not always practical. In the case of the the OC's the its just a space limitation inside the downtube.

In the case of the LCD display, we tried very hard, but there is just too much incompatibly issues that would arise. It would be better to swap both controller and display. These things are very complicated. It might appear to you the we are intentionally trying to screw our customers, and then blow smoke to smooth over the situation, but thats not really the case.

We are willing to work calmly with customers to provide the best solution. That is what we do. I can get a tech in contact with you and lets see what's possible.

Back