Throttle on a BBSHD

tony234

I ordered a lunar cycles bike BBSHD kit with a Wolfpack battery I’ve plugged everything in to test it out before I put it on my bike, the throttle seems to have one speed it’s throwing out about 80 W when I pull it all the way down is there something I’m missing? does it have to have a weight bearing load on it for it to work properly I got the hot rodded version... I’m using the mighty mini 500 C display. And is there a website that truly breaks down all the parts of the BBS HD I’m trying to use Lunas site but it’s all over the place unless there’s a direct area to look.Any help on this issue would be great

I recommend posting your question on the Luna forum. https://electricbike.com/forum/ . Go to the “Ask a Question, Make a Suggestion” forum and post your question under the first sticky topic. You will receive an answer from Luna within one day typically. I have the Bafang BBSHD. Mine is programmed for 750w. I can move the throttle just a little and the bike will move more slowly. I’m not sure what happens with yours. However, I believe that you said that you’re running it without a load. By the way, you can order a program cable to reprogram your motor to 750w if the Hot Rod mode is too much power for you.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that you can replace the Bafang handlebar display (I think that is what is replaced) with the Eggrider which connects to an iPhone or Android and enables you to change your motor power/ settings. I don’t have one because my cycling is very casual And I want to keep it simple. LOL!

I forgot to mention that you can replace the Bafang handlebar display (I think that is what is replaced) with the Eggrider which connects to an iPhone or Android and enables you to change your motor power/ settings. I don’t have one because my cycling is very casual And I want to keep it simple. LOL!
The EggRider isn’t for everyone. Users have to be committed to learning its uses. We sell scores every month but there’s always a few that find it to fussy and difficult. I use a program cable and available .el files. But many users love the EggRider. It can be frustrating for some. When asked before purchase we recommend reading reviews.

Back