Thought I'd share a letter I sent to Lectric on behalf of all of us waiting for our bikes.

Mine was a black xp2 step-thru. I think the white ones have a hold up on shipping.
The delay for the white step-thru bike is due to the global white paint shortage. 60 minutes is doing a story on it this weekend. Due to the shortage, instead of white, Lectric will be changing the color to pink.

Last edited:
Order number 76332 one white step thru one black step thru got a tracking number Monday for the black one but it has not moved yet still at FedEx. 11 weeks now.

Order number 76332 one white step thru one black step thru got a tracking number Monday for the black one but it has not moved yet still at FedEx. 11 weeks now.
ordered 2 black step thru on may 29,order #767xx they were shipped tuesday 8/9, bikes are in louiseana this morning tracking says delayed. sounds like lectric are not shipping bikes in order as they received.

Order No. 769XX white XP Step-Thru. I see post of people with order numbers in the 783XX and 791XX receiving label emails and I have not. Do any of these orders include the step-thru?

I'm guessing if you had, you wouldn't be on this thread, but has anyone cancelled a Lectric order and how long did the refund take? I'm tempted to cancel and order the Rad Mini 2, but I might be cutting off my nose to spite my face.
UPDATE: Friday the 13th (not sure if this is an omen) I received a email letting me know a label has been created and my order is waiting to be picked up.

Right Friday 13th lucky number received notices it’s shipped today order #813** should be here Monday

I finally got my bike after 7 week wait.

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    377.2 KB · Views: 294
It's official, the world is going to HELL!! WTF?? After waiting 10 weeks and expecting delivery on Tuesday (and no bike comes) I look up tracking and see this :

POTENTIALLY DELAYED

No scheduled delivery date available at this time.

Updated delivery:​

Pending​

Initially expected: Tuesday, 8/17/2021​

IN TRANSIT​

Departed FedEx location​

KENNESAW, GA​

GET STATUS UPDATES

Last edited:
We shall see what happens, as of 0600 8/18 it has about 1500 miles to go or 23 hours of driving. Add in all the required rest periods, eating, traffic, etc. Or is it coming by rail?

POTENTIALLY DELAYED

Updated delivery:
Friday, August 20, 2021 by end of day
Initially expected: Wednesday, 8/18/2021

Wednesday, August 18, 2021
5:46 AMPHOENIX, AZDeparted FedEx location
Tuesday, August 17, 2021
3:24 AMPHOENIX, AZArrived at FedEx location
12:36 AMPHOENIX, AZLeft FedEx origin facility
Monday, August 16, 2021
8:57 PMPHOENIX, AZArrived at FedEx location
6:50 PMPHOENIX, AZPicked up
Friday, August 13, 2021
2:50 PMShipment information sent to FedEx

for me was important to use fedex app and the built in alerts it provides for status changes…like delays, delivery exceptions, etc. in this day and age we can’t just take any initial delivery estimates at their word, it’s a fluid situation with lots of external pressures.

Imagine a roofing (or any other) contractor telling you after you've paid him 100% upfront,,,,"I'll be back in 3 months".

Imagine a roofing (or any other) contractor telling you after you've paid him 100% upfront,,,,"I'll be back in 3 months".
feels a little apple/oranges.
can you provide some examples of direct online sellers who do not take full payment at the time of checkout and instead take full payment at the time of delivery to the consumer?

feels a little apple/oranges.
can you provide some examples of direct online sellers who do not take full payment at the time of checkout and instead take full payment at the time of delivery to the consumer?
You are right. Payment at time of delivery? No one does that, unless it's C.O.D. But not charging until the order ships? All the time. Best Buy is one of many companies that doesn't charge your card until the item ships. Amazon doesn't charge until the order is in the process of shipping This is more common than not.

Last edited:
Best Buy is one of many companies that doesn't charge your card until the item ships. This more common than not.
sure, but it’s pretty clear from Lectrics site that your are checking out and paying now and the product is not shipping now. they even have a page/faq stating they charge up front and why. so to me the seller is accepting this situation by proceeding with their transaction. if consumers don’t want to do this, then don’t buy from Lectric. buy an ebike from Best Buy. people are making this situation out to be deceptive or disingenuous. it’s one of many ways to conduct business, if the buyer doesn’t like this method then find a seller with a method you prefer…..

sure, but it’s pretty clear from Lectrics site that your are checking out and paying now and the product is not shipping now. they even have a page/faq stating they charge up front and why. so to me the seller is accepting this situation by proceeding with their transaction. if consumers don’t want to do this, then don’t buy from Lectric. buy an ebike from Best Buy. people are making this situation out to be deceptive or disingenuous. it’s one of many ways to conduct business, if the buyer doesn’t like this method then find a seller with a method you prefer…..
Totally agree... I was just answering your question.

Sitting in North Salt Lake, UT. "No scheduled delivery date available at this time."

Stay tuned.

Back