Thinking about Juiced CCX. Anyone upgrade to 11 speed?

Stromer2work

Selling most if my Stromer's, thinking about Juiced CCX. Anyone upgrade to 11 speed?

Stupid, I know, but I have over 20 bikes, and all but one of those is 11 speed. I'd like to stick with that for spare parts.

Wouldn't do it right away, just when parts needed replacing. Lots of spare 11 speed stuff laying around.

Thanks
BillyBicycle.

Not stupid at all, I will probably convert mine over to 11sp once I wear out the cassette just to have common parts.

I also want to have an 11-42 cassette without having to use a goatlink

I converted my Cross Current to 10sp Deore XT with a 12-28 cassette. Most of the mountain bike 11sp cassettes have a pretty wide range. I prefer a narrower range for high speed cruising without big changes in cadence when I shift.

Juiced wrote back saying their hubs are spaced for 10 speed max. Odd. I've been able to put 11spd cassettes on shimano drivers with 10 speed cassettes. So not sure what Juiced did.

"The most you can fit on our hubs are 10-speed cassettes. "

The 9 speed set up gives a surprisingly wide range of gearing choices, and I am often riding in the mountains so I use them all.

9 speed might be ok (probably is), but all my spare parts are 11 :)

An 11sp mountain bike cassette will fit. They are the same width as the 10sp cassettes. You just can’t buy a road bike 11sp cassette since it requires a wider hub (and different shifter and derailleur).

Subscribing. I haven't seen anyone post about actually doing an 11spd conversion. My plan is a 10spd when my cassette wears out, but I'd love an 11spd if it fits.

An 11sp mountain bike cassette will fit. They are the same width as the 10sp cassettes. You just can’t buy a road bike 11sp cassette since it requires a wider hub (and different shifter and derailleur).

I wasn't aware the road 11spd was diff than the MTB 11spd. I have swapped an ultegra 11 speed cassette back and fourth with a deore XT cassette on some of my wheelsets.

Subscribing. I haven't seen anyone post about actually doing an 11spd conversion. My plan is a 10spd when my cassette wears out, but I'd love an 11spd if it fits.

It'll be a while, but I did decide last night to get a CCX after I sell the bike it'll replace.

I wasn't aware the road 11spd was diff than the MTB 11spd. I have swapped an ultegra 11 speed cassette back and fourth with a deore XT cassette on some of my wheelsets.

You can install a 10sp cassette on an 11sp road hub. I’ve done it before. You just need to install a spacer to get it to work properly. Essentially on road bike components Shimano widened the cassette to add the 11th gear. On MTB 11sp cassettes they managed to get 11 gears in the same amount of space as a 10sp cassette.

Why did you decide to sell your Stromer ST2S’s?

Last edited:
You can install a 10sp cassette on an 11sp road hub. I’ve done it before. You just need to install a spacer to get it to work properly. Essentially on road bike components Shimano widened the cassette to add the 11th gear. On MTB 11sp cassettes they managed to get 11 gears in the same amount of space as a 10sp cassette.

Why did you decide to sell your Stromer ST2S’s?

got it. i converted a surly 10spd to 11spd recently, saw that spacer, sent it along with the used 10 speed hub as sold on flea-bay.

I have owned as many as 7 ebikes at one time, so there's never really a reason to sell (and buy) other than I buy and sell bikes and ebikes as a result of my bicycling passion. Two ST2s's was plenty, and I primarily ride the ST1x as a daily beater. But in one sentence, ST2s is really a bit too fancy for my needs.

Back