These bikes are too powerful!

hmmm….wish I could test ride a Ride1Up.
I don’t know which throttle bikes have controllable pas acceleration. Maybe that’s another thread somewhere.
A lot do this..the throttle power is based on the pas level. So level 1 pas would give 7 to 10% power on both throttle and pedal assist..
check the ride1up forums or ask their support if it does that. but this is quite common

A lot do this..the throttle power is based on the pas level. So level 1 pas would give 7 to 10% power on both throttle and pedal assist..
check the ride1up forums or ask their support if it does that. but this is quite common
The bikes I've ridden have all had 100% power available via the throttle, regardless of PAS level. I am not going to say all bikes are this way, but I can verify that the ones I'm familiar with have been.

Try a mid drive if you want a more natural feel. That is what the Euro bikes deliver in spades.
It does not need to be a euro mid drive, any mid drive with a torque sensor or even a Hub motor with a torque sensor will greatly improve OP's situation.
I think the cadence sensor is the big issue.

You dont need a new bike as some are suggesting, you can adjust the speed limiter down on your Aventon to get the feel you want. My wife has an Aventon Pace 350 and experienced the same issue. The setting was 37 from the shop, I turned it down to 25.

Here is a video that explains how to do it:

Last edited:
You dont need a new bike as some are suggesting, you can adjust the speed limiter down on your Aventon to get the feel you want. My wife has an Aventon Pace 350 and experienced the same issue. The setting was 37 from the shop, I turned it down to 25.

Here is a video that explains how to do it:
This was super helpful, I’m going to give it a try tomorrow. The pas settings are way too high in my opinion, I only use 1 2 and 3 pas and would like to dial them all down a couple mph! Very excited to get them lower and may trial and error to find one that matches my wife’s rad mission so we can ride more in sync to the coffee shop

Back