The Sound of Gravel

You guys are killing me. The only crunch I’m hearing is studs on ice. :rolleyes:

GP__0686.JPG

i don’t have much taste for the sound of gravel, preferring the smooth whoosh of quality pavement, but we do have a LOT of gravel quite close to the city limits here. takes you some nice places.

super wide gravel
IMG_7797.jpeg

practically single track gravel
IMG_7691.jpeg

scenic and steep “gravel” that is really better describes as ROCKS and dirt
IMG_7814.jpeg

gravel with friends
IMG_0059.jpeg

all these trails are within 8-10 miles from home.

Nice tractor, it took me a while to realize mine isn't the same. In b+w because I'm extremely jealous of your autumn color!

View attachment 165514
Grew up on a farm with a David Brown 880. My father's pride and joy, despite it being vintage even in the 70s/80s! Fond memories of that tractor and the bigger Fordson Major we had. Once stayed in a hotel in Yorkshire that used to be David Brown's actual house. I was very excited about this and regaled the girl at reception all about our David Brown tractor and all the rest. The bored look she gave me. I mean could she give a s*it... 😄

i don’t have much taste for the sound of gravel, preferring the smooth whoosh of quality pavement, but we do have a LOT of gravel quite close to the city limits here. takes you some nice places.

super wide gravel
View attachment 165767

practically single track gravel
View attachment 165768

scenic and steep “gravel” that is really better describes as ROCKS and dirt
View attachment 165766

gravel with friends
View attachment 165765

all these trails are within 8-10 miles from home.
OMG all this amazing gravel and you don't have a taste for it?? What a shame! 😭

OMG all this amazing gravel and you don't have a taste for it?? What a shame! 😭
haha yeah, i have a sneaking suspicion that the reason people love gravel in a lot of places is because they don’t have epic, beautiful, challenging, scenic, lightly traveled paved roads to ride on 😂

Nah, we're blessed with amazing black twisty stuff AND the crunchy stuff. Give me the slippery stuff any day!
Yeah, actually - I personally love the blend. It's SUPER satisfying to move from a long ride of crunchy to the smooth speed of blacktop. Likewise, it's so lovely to turn off a long stretch of asphalt onto a gorgeous gravel side path. I guess I love the CONTRAST!

Yeah, actually - I personally love the blend. It's SUPER satisfying to move from a long ride of crunchy to the smooth speed of blacktop. Likewise, it's so lovely to turn off a long stretch of asphalt onto a gorgeous gravel side path. I guess I love the CONTRAST!

with you on the former ! as for the latter … only if it goes somewhere otherwise unreachable ! and then yes!

crunch crunch crunch

IMG_5266.jpeg

Last edited:
Back