The next (new) juiced bike . Juiced scorpion

rexel1

Hi all

What do we think the new juiced bike is going to be then?

Like that colour for a start

Attachments

• 8AD2467F-51E5-4097-AC54-5FAC12EAC8ED.jpeg
    8AD2467F-51E5-4097-AC54-5FAC12EAC8ED.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 1,832
Looks nice, almost exactly like the Bird version. Some minor differences in the frame: the Juiced has more rounded tubes. Plus the Juiced has a crank & pedals, & front shocks. To me, this looks a lot better than their Scrambler line, which I also liked before.

Looks super cool. I like the color a lot.
Will it have a Torque sensor and Thumb throttle instead of a twist throttle. What about the gears ? How many gears and will the gear shifter be the trigger shifter type ?

IMO nice looking machine similar functional specs to other Juiced bikes. I doubt the ergo's support efficient and comfortable pedaling.

Yeah, the pedaling position will be compromised for a lot of people, hope we won't have spend another $200 for an "off road kit" like their current city & camp scramblers to go pass 20 mph on throttle alone.

If Bird starts deploying these in my area I’ll give them a try. But the lack of adjustment for saddle height is a deal breaker for me personally.

If Bird starts deploying these in my area I’ll give them a try. But the lack of adjustment for saddle height is a deal breaker for me personally.

Same for me. No adjustability for the seat and Juiced is using the cheapest tourney plastic derailleur and twist gear changer instead of the trigger shifter and a twist throttle instead of a thumb throttle. No throttle only mode also. No torque sensor. Juiced will put those parts on a Hyper version and charge an extra $1500 on top of the base price. Those parts cost less than $75.

For those not happy with the Scorpion here is another eBike option with an adjustable seat post...;)

VeeGo 750 video review

VeeGo 750 tech specs
  • Motor: 750 W (1,100 W peak) geared rear hub motor
  • Top speed: 45 km/h (28 mph) with pedal assist, 32 km/h (20 mph) with throttle
  • Range: 45-72 km (25-45 mi) with base model 13 Ah battery, more with 17 Ah battery upgrade
  • Battery: 48 V 13 Ah (624 Wh) or 48 V 17 Ah (816 Wh)
  • Charge time: 4-6 hours, depending on battery option
  • Max load: 125 kg (275 lb) total; or 45 kg (100 lb) on just the rear rack
  • Bike weight: 28.5 kg (63 lb)
  • Suspension: Front GTMRK adjustable suspension fork with lockout
  • Brakes: Tektro 180mm disc brakes (mechanical or hydraulic available)
  • Extras: Comfortable Cloud 9 cruiser saddle, LCD display with speedometer, wattmeter, battery gauge, PAS level indicator, odometer, tripmeter, front and rear LED lights, rear turn signals(!), 9 levels of PAS settings, half-twist throttle with disengage button, USB charging port, integrated rear rack as part of frame, included fenders, 3A fast charger included as standard, arrives almost completely assembled (just screw on the pedals)

Last edited:
Here is another eBike option with an adjustable seat post... ;)

VeeGo 750 video review

VeeGo 750 tech specs
  • Range: 45-72 km (25-45 mi) with base model 13 Ah battery, more with 17 Ah battery upgrade
  • Extras: Comfortable Cloud 9 cruiser saddle, LCD display with speedometer, wattmeter, battery gauge, PAS level indicator, odometer, tripmeter, front and rear LED lights, rear turn signals(!), 9 levels of PAS settings, half-twist throttle with disengage button, USB charging port, integrated rear rack as part of frame, included fenders, 3A fast charger included as standard, arrives almost completely assembled (just screw on the pedals)

Nice but I don’t like the step through design. I like frame bars across the top

For those not happy with the Scorpian here is another eBike option with an adjustable seat post...;)

VeeGo 750 video review

VeeGo 750 tech specs
Did you prefer the Rad Mini or the Veego 750 if you were going to purchase one?

I've been looking at Juiced for awhile. I've tried the scrambler but the pedaling is a little annoying since I'm 6'4". Anyone think this will be a little taller?

I've been looking at Juiced for awhile. I've tried the scrambler but the pedaling is a little annoying since I'm 6'4". Anyone think this will be a little taller?

I don’t think it will be tall enough for me and I’m only 5’9” :)

It looks to be shorter than the Scrambler. They both have 20" wheels, and the Scorpion's seat looks to be closer to the top of the rear tire than the Scrambler. Here's a pic comparing them, the angle is slightly different but it's pretty apparent.

Attachments

• scorpionscrambler.jpg
    scorpionscrambler.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 1,435
Lots of guessing going on here, but Scorpion might be a little longer but a good deal lower.

Attachments

• comp.jpg
    comp.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 1,581
Whoa, the above linked page to the Juice Scorpion now says "Sign up now to access the limited launch-day deal of $1,299! " Someone on Reddit also says there's a launch day deal for a Hyper version for $1999. Now it gets interesting.

Edit: Juicedbikes also says on Instagram that "there will be an optional passenger kit with a larger seat and foot pegs"

Last edited:
Same for me. No adjustability for the seat and Juiced is using the cheapest tourney plastic derailleur and twist gear changer instead of the trigger shifter and a twist throttle instead of a thumb throttle. No throttle only mode also. No torque sensor. Juiced will put those parts on a Hyper version and charge an extra $1500 on top of the base price. Those parts cost less than $75.

The adjustability is provided by sitting back further on the seat, and with the compromised ability to pedal hard, the torque sensor makes less sense.

That said, Juiced has been strangely adamant about using low quality parts to have rock bottom prices. On the one hand, their core demographic seems to mostly not care. But like you, I think it's a misstep, of fixating on the customer you have and ignoring the ones you don't. When I see bikes that surge to popularity at a fraction of the price with better fit and finish, I have to question Juiced's approach of lower end parts and/or lack of design finesse. Eg, plastic fenders, 7 speeds when even 9 speed drivetrains are still cheap. Plus little mechanical issues that go unfixed for years across new models.

Back