The new turbo Vado 2017

Ref VADO 5.0; Is there any way to turn the headlamp OFF? Not referenced in manual (page 25). (Without using the missing Mission Control App) Thanks.

Just an FYI - I got the 5.0 a couple of weeks ago. I've been able to get it to 28MPH assisted. I still have the Imperial vs. Metric issue but the speed is not an issue on this model.

Where did you purchase your 5.0 from? I'm only able to find the 3.0 . . .

I just ordered the 2018 Vado 6.0 from my local Specialized dealer in the Chicago suburbs. They did have the 3.0 in stock but I really wanted the 6.0. They are quoting me approximately a month wait. Paid full list, no discount unfortunately. I'll report back as soon as I have it!

I just ordered the 2018 Vado 6.0 from my local Specialized dealer in the Chicago suburbs. They did have the 3.0 in stock but I really wanted the 6.0. They are quoting me approximately a month wait. Paid full list, no discount unfortunately. I'll report back as soon as I have it!

Thanks for the prompt reply, Ike!

What LBS did you purchase from? I'm also in the Chicagoland area (Oswego/Naperville) and would like to get my hands on one to try out. I'm also considering the Trek Super Commuter+ 8s and the Stromer ST2. Village Cycle Center has the Trek Super Commuter+ 8s listed $1000 under MSRP but by the time you factor in Chicago taxes its closer to $4500.

What other brands were on your radar before choosing the Vado 6.0?

Thanks again!
Paul

Thanks for the prompt reply, Ike!

What LBS did you purchase from? I'm also in the Chicagoland area (Oswego/Naperville) and would like to get my hands on one to try out. I'm also considering the Trek Super Commuter+ 8s and the Stromer ST2. Village Cycle Center has the Trek Super Commuter+ 8s listed $1000 under MSRP but by the time you factor in Chicago taxes its closer to $4500.

What other brands were on your radar before choosing the Vado 6.0?

Thanks again!
Paul

Paul,
I test rode both at Cozy's on Milwaukee in Chicago, but ordered the Vado from Erick's in Deerfield. Both were offering the same price and delivery times but Erick's is closer to my house.

I rode the Specialized Turbo Levo FSR Comp 6Fattie for three days this Summer on serious mountain bike trails in Telluride, Colorado. I was blown away by the design, ride and quality of that bike. The guys in Colorado at the rental shop confirmed the quality and reliability of the bike, and they tend to be a tough crowd to please. When I came back to Chicago, I was determined to get an e-bike for home. Given the flat terrain of the Chicago area trails, I decided not to go with the 6Fattie and instead focus on a bike more suited for the local bike trails. The 6Fattie made me really want to stick with Specialized, so while I rode the Stromer, I was already heavily leaning towards the Vado 6.0.

Ike

Had a chance to try out my new Vado 4.0 a couple of times now, pretty amazing to be honest. Eco mode seems to be fine for most things and seems to be giving a decent rage so far. About 10 miles per 10% battery.

Only annoying thing so far is having to set it to MPH every time you use it, why can't it remember it ?

Had a chance to try out my new Vado 4.0 a couple of times now, pretty amazing to be honest. Eco mode seems to be fine for most things and seems to be giving a decent rage so far. About 10 miles per 10% battery.

Only annoying thing so far is having to set it to MPH every time you use it, why can't it remember it ?

I had the same issue with my vado 3.0. Lbs called Specialized tech help and they told him what to do. Your dealer needs to have a sign in program from Specialized. I think its part of their computer access with Specialized. Windows computer. Also need a micro usb DATA CABLE. He connects to his computer and the plug on bottom of display. Turns out the dealer should have done this as part of delivery setup. Apparently specialized has not made this well known to dealers . The program interface is menu driven and fairly easy to deal with. A cable made for charging will NOT work. Once lbs got the right cable it was easy. If your lbs is not into computers, call specialized tech help your self and ask what you can do. Does your Vado 4.0 have bluetooth? Have you connected with it. If not, when you first power up the display goes into a self test mode and check if you have icon for bluetooth? See your user manual for what it looks like and where it should show up. I have been told it won't be available till November.
I love my Vado 3.0 even more than my 2015 Turbo X.

No Specialized dealers local to me that's why I had to purchase it from an online internet retailer. I'll have to contact Specialized direct and see what they say but I don't hold out much hope.

Had my first computer lockup yesterday, screen was functioning correctly and I could select different power levels but there was no pedal assist. Had to turn it off and on to get it to kick back into life again.

No Specialized dealers local to me that's why I had to purchase it from an online internet retailer. I'll have to contact Specialized direct and see what they say but I don't hold out much hope.

Had my first computer lockup yesterday, screen was functioning correctly and I could select different power levels but there was no pedal assist. Had to turn it off and on to get it to kick back into life again.

Before I had my software updated on my Vado 3.0 with LCD screen, the display locked up but, pedal assist would still work. Like you, off and on solved the problem. The software fix also solved the kph/mph memory thing. I am not sure but I believe the update info went into the display. Perhaps Specialized could have you send the display to them for update service? When LBS connected to display, even disconnected from bike it responed to computer program.

no joy from Specialized, they said I will have to return the whole bike to the original retailer which isn't going to be an option for me

I hope this isn't going to be a further issue when they eventually provide Bluetooth as was advertised as a feature when I purchased it...

no joy from Specialized, they said I will have to return the whole bike to the original retailer which isn't going to be an option for me

I hope this isn't going to be a further issue when they eventually provide Bluetooth as was advertised as a feature when I purchased it...

I Suggest you call your retailer and tell them the whole story. See if they offer any help or suggestions. Have they sold and fixed other Vado's?
This was something the retailer should have done before delivery. Specialized has not made this clear to retailers.
Perhaps the Specialized sales rep for the area you live could help if the retailer reached out to him? Also ask about how to install Bluetooth update when available?

Hello

I have just bought a Vado 3 in France
The LBS was useless
the booklet given with the bike is not much better
does anyone know of a good source (web ....) of info

I have loads of questions already (80 km on the clock)

I know that the Mobile Application is not published yet but does anyone have a vague idea when it will be ?

was the "tactile" control panel an option or does the Vado only have a non tactile one. it would appear to be that the tactile one is really interesting

does anyone know if I can power up the control ,panel off the bike (via micro USB) so that I can "play" in my sitting room

does anyone know if there is a specific cable that should be used to charge my iPhone via the mico usb slot on the control panel

oofff so many questions that are not answered by the booklet

what a shame

can anyone help ?

Thanks

Paul

Last edited:
Hello

I have just bought a Vado 3 in France
The LBS was useless
the booklet given with the bike is not much better
does anyone know of a good source (web ....) of info

I have loads of questions already (80 km on the clock)

I know that the Mobile Application is not published yet but does anyone have a vague idea when it will be ?

was the "tactile" control panel an option or does the Vado only have a non tactile one. it would appear to be that the tactile one is really interesting

does anyone know if I can power up the control ,panel off the bike (via micro USB) so that I can "play" in my sitting room

does anyone know if there is a specific cable that should be used to charge my iPhone via the mico usb slot on the control panel

oofff so many questions that are not answered by the booklet

what a shame

can anyone help ?

Thanks

Paul

This German site have a lot of info about Vado bikes, you might need to use Google translate to translate the site.
https://www.pedelecforum.de/forum/index.php?threads/turbo-s-ce-vado-2017.42331/

Back