The new turbo Vado 2017

First 1 000 km. Any really problem. Fine bike.

Attachments

• IMG_20170801_162329.jpg
    IMG_20170801_162329.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,155
Hi, Just got my Vado 4.0 some days ago and love every piece of it :) However i cant find out where i activate bluetooth and pair my iphone to the bike? Is there a hidden settings menu somewhere in the LCD-display? Im (for the moment) not interested in the Mission Control App But want to read out some other data from the bike and the bmc.

I just got my Vado 3.0 and there is a Mission Contol App on the apple ios App Store but the bike does not appear on bluetooth. Is there a magic incantation to make that happen?

For the Turbo Levos, I'm quite certain the bluetooth interface is within the battery itself, which also has the battery level indicator LEDs, the on/off button and the up/down buttons to set the level of support built into it's case.

Do you know what the warranty terms are for Specialized ebikes? I believe the batteries and motor are not covered by the "lifetime" warranty for the frame.

There are laws/regulations regarding how long a manufacturer must maintain parts and service in the case of some products, like cars- but does that apply to ebikes?

Just got my Vado 3.0 a couple of days ago. Mission control App or Bluetooth app do not "see" the Vado. Is there a special incantation to make the battery turn on a bluetooth signal?

Just got my Vado 3.0 a couple of days ago. Mission control App or Bluetooth app do not "see" the Vado. Is there a special incantation to make the battery turn on a bluetooth signal?
They are incompatible - that app only works for Levo and older Turbo S/X. The new one is promised for November only :-(
I wouldn't be surprised if the Bluetooth requires a firmware update to activate it - I couldn't detect any bluetooth signals at all from the bike.

We connected a micro usb DATA cable to the display unit. It fixed some issues. Program was for display, motor and battery. Mine still needs the factory rep to change the speed to 20 mph. Mine was set as European 15 mph during manf. I still don't have the bluetooth symbol come up during startup self test. I am told bluetooth fix due in the fall. Mine is the cheaper display not TFT.
Called lbs today, no info on when rep will be able to turn up speed. Limited tools and reps available. Specialized needs to step up and fix this issue! Seems there are some in owners hands with the problem. Specialized tech help knew of the problem when lbs called them. If this is not fixed in a timely manner, I would not buy another Specialized ebike.
The 15 mph speed is a major problem for me!
Did your LBS get your Vado 3.0 to go 20mph?

Just took mine to another bike shop and they say they updated the firmware but it's still only do 16mph.

All,
I bought my Vado 3.0 a few weeks ago after buying and returning a Turbo S a week before that. The Turbo S was disappointing (turned out it was actually a 2014 model and had no Bluetooth and was way overpriced) mostly because of the dealer (which I won't mention and will never shop at again).

However, I couldn't be happier with the Vado or the shop I bought it from (Dirty Harry's in Verona, PA). The Turbo Vado is light years better. The pedal crank motor makes the bike much more balanced - I had trouble lifting the Turbo S onto my bike rack due to the weight of the hub motor way in back. The push button controls are more solid than the flimsy rubber joystick of the Turbo S. Also, with the Vado you get the all weather fenders, standard bike rack with taillight, and front lockable suspension! I guess appearance is a personal preference, but I think the Vado looks awesome and I get compliments on it from other riders a lot.

Mine came with the proper software updates (it has a 20mph limit on the electric boost) but also does not seem to have bluetooth enabled. I was trying to get some information from Specialized, but I think we need an update to the Mission Control App for Vado, and probably another firmware upgrade on the bike to enable Bluetooth. I don't really need the extra functions of Mission Control right now anyway. I have only ridden about 100 miles so far - I keep the boost on minimum - and it seems like on moderately hilly terrain I will probably get about 30-40 miles of range. I guess that will vary greatly depending on speed and climb.

So far, so good - looking forward to lots more miles!

Did your LBS get your Vado 3.0 to go 20mph?

Just took mine to another bike shop and they say they updated the firmware but it's still only do 16mph.

My vado is scheduled for next week with the factory rep. I will let you know how I make out. The firmware update is not what is needed to fix the speed. Firmware fixed the not remembering mph vs kph. Also set the light to on automatically and assist at 2 bars. No bluetooth. That is still in progress. Due in the fall. I imagine it will require another firmware update. My display was freezing up and the update seems to have fixed that.

I hope Specialized fixes the trip odometer on the Vado, So it does not reset every time you power down, my turbo x resets when you charge the battery or choose to restet it.

I have not been able to connect my 2015 Turbo X to Specialized Mission Control app. Has anyone else had any luck? Pointers would be appreciated! I start the app and search but nothing. Have restarted bike and app but the app does not find Turbo x. The bluetooth signal does not show up in my settings with my other devices?

My vado is scheduled for next week with the factory rep. I will let you know how I make out. The firmware update is not what is needed to fix the speed. Firmware fixed the not remembering mph vs kph. Also set the light to on automatically and assist at 2 bars. No bluetooth. That is still in progress. Due in the fall. I imagine it will require another firmware update. My display was freezing up and the update seems to have fixed that.

I hope Specialized fixes the trip odometer on the Vado, So it does not reset every time you power down, my turbo x resets when you charge the battery or choose to restet it.

I have not been able to connect my 2015 Turbo X to Specialized Mission Control app. Has anyone else had any luck? Pointers would be appreciated! I start the app and search but nothing. Have restarted bike and app but the app does not find Turbo x. The bluetooth signal does not show up in my settings with my other devices?

So what needs to be done to get the speed up to 20mph if not the firmware? Sometime my display freeze up but it's a easy fix with power it off and back on. The demo unit at the shop went pass 20mph and I can change it to kph. But on mine it's only mph, not a big deal breaker or the mission control app. Just need mine to go 20mph.

So what needs to be done to get the speed up to 20mph if not the firmware? Sometime my display freeze up but it's a easy fix with power it off and back on. The demo unit at the shop went pass 20mph and I can change it to kph. But on mine it's only mph, not a big deal breaker or the mission control app. Just need mine to go 20mph.

My lbs man says the salesman needs some tool. I am GUESSING they change the parameters in the motor program. The rep is going to do it by himself. He has not done many. Wants some hours and no one around or I would be there. The important thing is the bike will do at least 20 mph when is finished.

I like the Vado 3.0 more than my Turbo X. Even though the Turbo X is a 26 mph bike.

I will post the results when I get it back and ride it.

Just an FYI - I got the 5.0 a couple of weeks ago. I've been able to get it to 28MPH assisted. I still have the Imperial vs. Metric issue but the speed is not an issue on this model.

2015 Turbo X does not have the Bluetooth function built in...the 2016 does. The Bluetooth functionality comes from the battery so if you are able to buy a battery with Bluetooth option on the battery you can do some of the Mission Control app stuff.

Just an FYI - I got the 5.0 a couple of weeks ago. I've been able to get it to 28MPH assisted. I still have the Imperial vs. Metric issue but the speed is not an issue on this model.

Can I ask what you had to pay for a Vado 5.0? Did yours come with the tft touch screen? Gps and all those goodies?
What class is it? Throttle and all?

2015 Turbo X does not have the Bluetooth function built in...the 2016 does. The Bluetooth functionality comes from the battery so if you are able to buy a battery with Bluetooth option on the battery you can do some of the Mission Control app stuff.

Thanks I've been waisting my time looking for something that is not there!

Can I ask what you had to pay for a Vado 5.0? Did yours come with the tft touch screen? Gps and all those goodies?
What class is it? Throttle and all?
Ron. $4600 before tax at my lbs. Yes tft screen. You will eventually be able to load maps to the display but none of that stuff works yet so it will just show you mph and trip info. Class 3 no throttle but does have walk assist which could be used as a really slow throttle.

Specialized needs to straighten out all the details about the new vado. my vado 3.0 has a class3 28MPH sticker on the bike. but it barely go 16mph.

Specialized needs to straighten out all the details about the new vado. my vado 3.0 has a class3 28MPH sticker on the bike. but it barely go 16mph.

Your sticker is wrong as same as your speed.
It should be 20 mph sticker (i think) an your bike should assist up to 20 mph.

My lbs man says the salesman needs some tool. I am GUESSING they change the parameters in the motor program. The rep is going to do it by himself. He has not done many. Wants some hours and no one around or I would be there. The important thing is the bike will do at least 20 mph when is finished.

I like the Vado 3.0 more than my Turbo X. Even though the Turbo X is a 26 mph bike.

I will post the results when I get it back and ride it.

RESULTS UPDATE: salesman fixed my Vado 3.0 today! It does 20 mph assisted no problem. Also the feeling of being governed or held back is gone also. Now when I pedal beyond the 20 mph it goes well. I managed on the level to get 26 mph by pedaling. The way it should be. I AM VERY PLEASED WITH THIS FIX. Specialized did the right thing for me.

RESULTS UPDATE: salesman fixed my Vado 3.0 today! It does 20 mph assisted no problem. Also the feeling of being governed or held back is gone also. Now when I pedal beyond the 20 mph it goes well. I managed on the level to get 26 mph by pedaling. The way it should be. I AM VERY PLEASED WITH THIS FIX. Specialized did the right thing for me.

Hi, which bike shop fix your Vado 3.0. Hopefully mine LBS can get some help from them. My bike act just like yours before the fix.

The demo I test sound just like your already fix Vado 3.0. I got the demo up to 22mph then I ran out of road.

Vado 5.0 - I've had the Turbo Vado 5.0 on order for months now. It's now ready to be picked. I understand the Mission Control App is not available until Nov 2017, and that it is required for the user to adjust many of the promised features.

Reaching out for current owners of the Vado 5.0: Do you have any suggestions for customizing the settings that LBS should proactively set/adjust before I leave the store? Thanks.

Hi, which bike shop fix your Vado 3.0. Hopefully mine LBS can get some help from them. My bike act just like yours before the fix.

The demo I test sound just like your already fix Vado 3.0. I got the demo up to 22mph then I ran out of road.

My lbs Specialized dealer call Specialized Tech help and they worked together to make it happen. The actual fix was done by the Specialized salesman and some tool he has to get from Specialized. It is not just a walk in fix the lbs can do.
Specialized Tech Help already knew this issue existed on alot of the Vado 3.0. Where you purchased this bike needs to call Specialized Tech Help.

Back