The new turbo Vado 2017

I've done some more review testing and updated my report with more photos and data. https://electricbikesnz.com/2017/06/03/specialized-turbo-vado-3-0-the-tech-savvy-younger-sister/
Good news is that the Vado 3.0 tops the leaderboard in my 'very steep road' climb, beating even a Bosch CX. I have so say that it's a damn nice bike to ride - it feels light and well balanced on road and off-road. Even when I ran out of battery it pedalled just like a regular bike. Looking very much forward to the 6.0 when we finally get one here.
@Reku have heard rumour that the app will be available in November. That sucks a lot for people waiting for it/promised it. Apparently it is a whole new app, not an update to the current Mission Control.
@JayVee having spent a bit of time with the bike I found that the assist levels are well dialled. It's not like the old Turbo (S) where there was a big different between say Eco40 and Eco50.

The price 5800 dollar is that for Vado 3.0 ?
Looks a bit expensivie

What I told about Vado app was not rumour. It was official answer from Specialized mission control team. But anyway, we have to wait it... My feelings from battery are good. I charge it after biking 60km and there is 40% power left.
For me good result. Fantastic bike.
Which bike/battery do you have?

Botht are Vado 4 with 504ah battery. It is enough, but of course bigger is better..
Today we are going to bike 30...40km.
Normally I drive my car 1200..1500 km/month but after buying bikes I have droven only 800km/month. And I think it will be more less with car...

There will soon be a fix for the display that will prevent the battery etc from turning off when it is raining. It has happened to me once

There will soon be a fix for the display that will prevent the battery etc from turning off when it is raining. It has happened to me once
On my last test session I was advised to ride with a plastic bag over the display. Even so we had some odd things going on with the display. So they have identified issues with the mounting and water ingress, but I suspect there are also firmware bugs on the 3.0/4.0 controller causing it to blank out completely, or to stay lit when the bike is turned off. Requires a reset of the controller (recessed button on the back).

On my last test session I was advised to ride with a plastic bag over the display. Even so we had some odd things going on with the display. So they have identified issues with the mounting and water ingress, but I suspect there are also firmware bugs on the 3.0/4.0 controller causing it to blank out completely, or to stay lit when the bike is turned off. Requires a reset of the controller (recessed button on the back).

I think Specialized are sending the "fix" to every dealer that have sold the bike, so ask you bikedealer if they have it or else they need to order it for you.

You are right. I bring our Vados for first service and they have those "fix". I have in my Vado 725km and my wife has 550km. Bikes are seven weeks old. IMO not so bad.... every km has been funny....

You are right. I bring our Vados for first service and they have those "fix". I have in my Vado 725km and my wife has 550km. Bikes are seven weeks old. IMO not so bad.... every km has been funny....

I have got the fix and soon i am going to do my first service, my bikedealer are doing a service after 3 month and i was told to come back after 1000 km to check the bike. I dont know how it works but i guess they have a software program and connect my display to it ??

Hi, Just got my Vado 4.0 some days ago and love every piece of it :) However i cant find out where i activate bluetooth and pair my iphone to the bike? Is there a hidden settings menu somewhere in the LCD-display? Im (for the moment) not interested in the Mission Control App But want to read out some other data from the bike and the bmc.

Hi, Just got my Vado 4.0 some days ago and love every piece of it :) However i cant find out where i activate bluetooth and pair my iphone to the bike? Is there a hidden settings menu somewhere in the LCD-display? Im (for the moment) not interested in the Mission Control App But want to read out some other data from the bike and the bmc.

The app för the New Vado bikes are not ready yet, so you have to Wait a couple of months i think. I also have the 4.0 and

Speaking of Vado just got mine today. Trying to set Sport and Eco modes to levels I want (not necessarily what Specialized has preset). Owner's manual very vague on how to adjust these settings. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks Bud

Speaking of Vado just got mine today. Trying to set Sport and Eco modes to levels I want (not necessarily what Specialized has preset). Owner's manual very vague on how to adjust these settings. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks Bud
You have to wait mission control app. I have heard that it will be ready on next oct....

So the real question is can I manipulate Eco and Sport levels manually? Anyone know? Thanks Bud

So the real question is can I manipulate Eco and Sport levels manually? Anyone know? Thanks Bud

Yes with the Mission Control app,

I took last week our Vados from service. After 31km my Vado stopped to work. There was problem between monitor and battery.
Today I got Vado back and service has changed new monitor. Everything is ok. Now I have 776km in my Vado. Still I am very happy with our Vados. Fine bikes.

Can some one please confirm if your USA Vado 3.0 can go 28mph. I just bought one and the motor cuts out at 16mph. Specialized say Vado 3.0 can go 28mph but the dealer say only 20mph.
Very frustrated right now.

Back