The new turbo Vado 2017

Hi, I have a question about the battery on my vado 4.0, my computer says I need to charge the battery but I have 2 green lights left on the battery on the bike, is this normal?

I have had my Vado 4 now two weeks. I have driven 196 km, and charged three times. What I understand, it is good to charge before last green light. Wise people says that so charging you make battery live longer.... Bike is fantastic and out look is fine, many person has asked me of my beautiful bike... And of course I bought to my wife too Vado 4 ladys model. During last weeks I have nearly left my new Volvo S90 to garage, so nice is Vado. Any problem.
And greetings to every body from Finland, Northern Europe.
ps. USA readers : courage :)

Here is one proud Vado owner..

Attachments

• IMG_20170518_194323.jpg
    IMG_20170518_194323.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 520
Very nice. Why American bike company launches abroad first????

Because somebody wants to make America great again and keep the roads in dilapidated condition.
The cycling infrastructure is so poor in many cities and without improving that, it's hard to drive the market forward.
The market in EU is so huge that it makes total sense for eBike companies to launch there first.

According to a German forum, the app will suit the new vado turbo bikes coming to iphone and Android in the fall or winter. Do you have previous bikes and mission control app would it be nice if you could share what you use the app for and what you can do with it?

Ronin2000: Have I understood wrong, bc I think this forum for VADO, not for any political fake news..
Today I was out with my Vado 2 hours, amacing time...
Very fine bike.

Very nice. Why American bike company launches abroad first????
Probably because the market in Europe is much larger than the home market. Ebikes have really taken off in Europe but they are only a small part of sales in the US. Its a slow growing market however, many cities are starting to adopt more biking infrastructures.

No blame for the Previous Commanders in Chief of the US? Its all Trumps fault the roads are the way they are now? Thats pretty laughable. We had a previous president pushing the Green agenda and yet the roads were pretty crappy then...
Please all, let's leave the politics at home. I don't want to go down the dyfunctional American political scene on an ebike forum.

Anyone got a chrystal ball or willing to make an estimate as to how long spare batteries for the 2017 Vado will be available after the model is eventually replaced by something newer
I really like the current Vado and the only thing preventing me from buying one is the risk regarding availability to source a spare frame integrated battery after the current model is superseded
I have read other posters concerns regarding the first Turbo models and the assumption that replacement batteries for them will only be available up until 2020...then what?
What are your thoughts....should I go with a Bosch powered ebike to mitigate any battery redundancy issues

According to the specialized rep I spoke to over the phone recently, parts will still be available up to 5 years after the model has been discontinued. That would mean since the Turbo S is still in production as of 2017 parts will still be available till at least 2022.

Keep in mind that battery tech will continue to improve so in 5 years time your bike will probably be quite outdated and a new bike upgrade will be warranted anyways, unless you plan to keep it up and running.

@eagamer80 and everyone else, this is a sensitive topic and I personally agree that we can all do more with respect to pollution, especially here in the US. For now, though, this thread is about the Turbo Vado and I appreciate reading about everyone's experience with this ebike.

I think e-bikes should have a decent support after several years after the purchase (even after warranty time). This is not a phone that you can just simply dispose off (though everything is like that now, but the future will tell). So far, I have had several problems with my Turbo 2016, but so far those problems got solved by the work of the reseller-Specialized, not without pain for me though, and mainly because I was under warranty period. But in the future, when I have to buy a new e-bike, I will definitively make my decision based, not only on the bike itself, but on which manufacturer differentiates the most regarding the aftersale support. If Specialized want to be a reference in the e-bike market, is up to them to decide how good they want become. If not, other manufacturers will eat them, the market is big (specially en Europe).

I think that here in Finland e-bikes are during this year more and more general. Sadly many person looks only price... F.ex XXL sells cheap bikes and imo bad quality. When I decided to to buy e-bike; first was quality, then out look and only third was price. Maybe thats why I bought two Vados. Now I have driven 250km and waiting better weather... Tomorrow it will be sunny day and we are going to look air craft show in down town. Total km maybe 30...40... Bike is still fantastic...

No not yet. I asked Specialized mission control service and they told me :" Our teams are working on this app but we cant give a precise date yet, but it will be later this year". When I bought my Vados I was waiting that app very eager, but now after biking about 300km, that app is not so important. Of course when it comes, I will use it always... Bikes are still fantastic. :)

I've done some more review testing and updated my report with more photos and data. https://electricbikesnz.com/2017/06/03/specialized-turbo-vado-3-0-the-tech-savvy-younger-sister/
Good news is that the Vado 3.0 tops the leaderboard in my 'very steep road' climb, beating even a Bosch CX. I have so say that it's a damn nice bike to ride - it feels light and well balanced on road and off-road. Even when I ran out of battery it pedalled just like a regular bike. Looking very much forward to the 6.0 when we finally get one here.
@Reku have heard rumour that the app will be available in November. That sucks a lot for people waiting for it/promised it. Apparently it is a whole new app, not an update to the current Mission Control.
@JayVee having spent a bit of time with the bike I found that the assist levels are well dialled. It's not like the old Turbo (S) where there was a big different between say Eco40 and Eco50.

What I told about Vado app was not rumour. It was official answer from Specialized mission control team. But anyway, we have to wait it... My feelings from battery are good. I charge it after biking 60km and there is 40% power left.
For me good result. Fantastic bike.

Back