THE NEW RPB CITY STEP THRU - CITY & TRAILS TOO

The Step-Thru is more compact making it easier for shorter riders to control. In order to allow more room I pushed the steering extender all the way forward (shown in my pics above) and at the same time that puts a little more weight forward on the front wheel to help keep it from sliding out when transitioning from pavement to dirt (a common condition in my area). Normally I would be riding the Mini but we are getting so much rain this year, the Step-Thru is the only bike that has fenders. Keeps me dry on wet pavement.
The Haibike sounds interesting...

The Step-Thru is more compact making it easier for shorter riders to control. In order to allow more room I pushed the steering extender all the way forward (shown in my pics above) and at the same time that puts a little more weight forward on the front wheel to help keep it from sliding out when transitioning from pavement to dirt (a common condition in my area). Normally I would be riding the Mini but we are getting so much rain this year, the Step-Thru is the only bike that has fenders. Keeps me dry on wet pavement.
The Haibike sounds interesting...

My legs seems to long :), so I could not extend them even to slight bend on step , I think rad city would work , but I love rad mini step trough look a lot . My inseam is 35".

Yep that makes sense. Haibikes even look tall. My inseam is only 29" so I set all my bike seats at 30" and I'm good to go. Might run out of seat post trying to set the distance at 36" or more.
Clint Gibbs has lots of experience with biking and he has this video on setting seat height.

Just an update : I've got my Xduro 4.0 2017 60 cm frame last week. Love it . Way different animal then my wife's rad city step . I wanted to try mid drive badly and decided that our first Ebikes will have hub and middrive for comparison. Took me a week or so to learn which middrive brand and frame I want and then found it on motocycle web site , I think this was last in the country high step version with L size frame. Could not resist since price was 1k above rad city with shipping included , but high end component with MRSP ~ 4400$. Updated software at local Bosch dealer for 20$.
Adjustable stem from Ergotec and Serfas RX Cruiser saddle made a big difference in my body position. Still learning about ergonomics. Also considering to get Shockstop seatpost.

Hi solrus,
Sounds like you got a really nice bike. Best of all you have a place to make use of its long range abilities. Check in every now and then and let us know how it's going - likes and not so likes... Happy Trails!

Hi solrus,
Sounds like you got a really nice bike. Best of all you have a place to make use of its long range abilities. Check in every now and then and let us know how it's going - likes and not so likes... Happy Trails!

Cube or Bulls with middrive Bosch CX run about 2100 on sale now. They are more MTB that could be turned into trekking/commute bikes. My wife was sold on cruiser , I was looking for a commuter

Like this Bulls six 50 1.5 was turned into commuter with adding fenders, swapping MTB tires to Super moto X, stem swap, Topeak rack. 2150$ sale price plus add ons ~ 200 $.

Attachments

• IMG_20190419_175720~2.jpg
    IMG_20190419_175720~2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 621
This is not the best pic of mine Haibike . I will get more with Rad step side by side tomorrow. My main criteria for both bikes was baby rack compatibility. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20190523_213841869.jpg
    IMG_20190523_213841869.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 636
Hi solrus,
They are good looking bikes. If we had some safe paths for bicycles here I would probably already have one. As is, there is really no initiative for anyone to commute long distance on a very risky busy highway. So I have a bunch of back trails I ride that require riding fat bikes. My RADs are perfect for what I do. I don't think the test fat bike in my avatar ever made it into regular production, but that would have been fun, and probably more bike than what is needed. EBR did a review on that carbon fiber Specialized pre-production model but it never made it to their published lineup of bikes.

I live in Florida and my Radcity gets real squirrely in the sand. I would like a one key fits all their batters. I was riding and turned the battery off but being 72 I tried to turn it back on with the wrong and I was 25 miles from home and my mind went blank for a while. It took me 3 seats to find one I like. Made me remember what I hated about the choppers in the 60's.
Johnny 72 and still moving with a cad hip

Hi johnny333,
Send me back to the 60s anyday - PLEASE!
I know what you are saying about riding in the sand. I have to shift my weight forward when making a turn transitioning from pavement to sand.
I have no use for keys either. They should have left the key provision alone but changed it in 2018. My Rover has the old system. The key operates separately from the on/off push button. The key just locks the battery in place but has nothing to do with turning on/off the power.
Not everyone needs to use keys so my Rover key can be thrown away and I would never miss it.
Not sure where there is a third party supplier for batteries. It would be nice just to order a rebuilt (with or without a key) at a huge discounted price...

Back