The EG Zurich 350 IX

I'm getting a clue that up-sizing the chain ring and /or downsizing the sprocket, will give me a greater gear ratio and a faster top speed.

After 1000+ miles on my EG Zurich 350IX, while not my "dream" e-bike, it is a dependable commuter! For me a "dream" e-bike would be powerful enough to allow me to reach a pedal assist average speed of 20 mph, with a battery capacity that can power the motor 100 miles, with a cost U/$2500.
The Zurich beats the price point, and comes close on the average speed. As far as the average speed, rider weight as well as typical average cadence become factors. I can achieve the 20 mph speed average when both the battery and myself are "fresh". No doubt losing 50 pounds would help not only on the average speed but also benefit the distance range.
My typical cadence average is 65-75 SPM;
On the Zurich with the Nexus hub, my average cadence in 7th gear enables me to cruise at 16-18 mph. A gearing change, -crank or sprocket, would better accommodate my typical average cadence, helping to maintain a higher average speed. As far as battery capacity, the Zurich is rated for 35-50 miles, -an achievable goal.

So glad to see this review, Bikerjohn!!

We have sold close to 200 EG bikes and we have seen very little problems either with the battery or the motor.
Wayne is an absolutely great person to work with. EG bikes are our favorite budget bikes.

Last edited:
Welcome to EBR Lenny! My experience with the Zurich 350IX has been great and rolls on. Since early May, I have put more than 1400 commuter miles on the bike. For the entry level cost it has proven to be an exceptional value!

So glad to see this review, Bikerjohn!!

We have sold close to 200 EG bikes and we have seen very little problems either with the battery or the motor.
Wayne is an absolutely great person to work with. EG bikes are our favorite budge bikes.
Lenny, Any chance you have a sprocket gear for sale between 13-16 teeth to fit the Nexus hub?

Lenny, Any chance you have a sprocket gear for sale between 13-16 teeth to fit the Nexus hub?

Thank you, John.
This is Crazy Lenny's store personnel responding back to you.
Our shop opens at 12pm today and soon I'll check back with our mechanic Rich about the availability of shimano Nexus 7 sprocket.

If you need it, we can order one for you John.
It can take about 7-8 days to reach you depending on where you live.
Wayne Hui has been very responsive and we have never had any shortage of parts. It is one of reasons we carry these bikes in huge numbers.

Just let us know if you need any EG parts either here or call Len @ 608-575-8711

Back