Canada
City
Halifax
Trying to infuse some positive energy to this ill-fated sub-forum :D

Have a read:

http://thebikethatchangedmylife.blogspot.com/

BTOC%2B2000.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

Great story Craig... You have a very positive outlook that will no doubt carry you.

and you bought a fun Ebike for both you and your wife! Perfect.

Very cool Ravi, thanks for posting! I can identify with a lot of the sentiments in the story.

Great story and delight for Craig. The excitement of a noob on an ebike... nothing like it.

Being an experienced cyclist, and if he gets bit by the ebug, how long will it be before he discovers greater satisfaction from a lighter, better quality, longer range, more reliable ebike?

You know...anything that gets someone onto a bike and enjoying their ride is good in my book, whether someone else thinks their ride is worthy or not.

My local Specialized shop where I purchased my regular (non-e) hybrid bike was all "sniff sniff, pew pew" when I first mentioned the topic of ebikes a year ago and how I was thinking I was headed in that direction.

I said the same thing to them: If someone loves cycling and is a proponent of cycling then it should warm the cockles of their heart to see as many people ride bikes as possible, whether those bikes have 2 wheels, 3 wheels, pedal assist or whatnot and ebikes allow people who are older or recovering from injuries to get on bikes as well as become replacements for getting in the car and running local errands or commuting instead of driving. I said, "it doesn't replace regular bikes, it replaces people needing a car or a 2nd car!" They conceded those were good points.

Sniff-Sniff-Pew-Pew indeed!

Well said PowerMe and I agree fully and had somewhat of the same experience at Performance Bikes. Ravi is a true inspiration for anyone who didn't think that they could still enjoy the fun and excitement of riding a bike again. Ravi you keep on keepin on and we will ride together soon. Your story is truly inspirational!

I never would have gotten better without an ebike. I rode with an oxygen tank. For normal Americans, out of shape, an ebike is a great form of exercise. You may not pedal that hard, but it's maybe 45 minutes or an hour of pretty decent activity. Just bumping your heart up to 60% of max, for that long, is extremely beneficial. They just don't sell it right.

We should all be happy.

stormhappy.jpg

I have not gotten into the Sondors debate and issues. To me, it looks like a toy, that being a cheap looking fat tire bike with an emotor. If it help people ride, super. It can be practical, no doubt, and that description is likely pre-mature.

If I lived near a beach, would I get a Felt Lebowske for several $5.8k, or a Sondors for $500??? Probably neither.

I think the point is the blog author is excited to be riding an ebike. Not sure it matters what brand ebike, just that he is feeling happy about being able to find movement again, amidst an otherwise troubling illness.

I think the point is the blog author is excited to be riding an ebike. Not sure it matters what brand ebike, just that he is feeling happy about being able to find movement again, amidst an otherwise troubling illness.

I feel you holding back on your response to Bike-on here PowerMe, kinda biting your tongue. Here's what I have to say. I doubt if Ravi is riding on any beaches and if it helps him get out there and ride again and feel the wind in his face then that is priceless. It may look like a toy from afar, but for those who own it and need it it is a god send. I'm just supporting Ravi here and not trying to make waves, as I'm sure your post didn't mean to either, but let's all wish Ravi all the best, and that he can ride buddy ride, regardless of what he's riding. Go Ravi!

Huh? Did you not read the story that was linked to by Ravi in the first post? Did you not notice the pictures posted? That's "Craig" the author of the blog post who just purchased a Sonders ebike.

I was sharing my experience on how wonderful ebikes are and why they should be encouraged and then shared specifically what I said to my local bike shop when they seemed anti-ebike.

Last edited:
Got it. Major brain fart, thought it was Ravi in the story. Oh well, glad you don't have Parkinson Ravi. In either case I still stick by my last post and I have changed the names to protect the innocent, lol. Thank you for the info PowerMe, I find myself vehemently chastised.

None of the bike places here have ebikes or fat bikes so I got a fat bike in a box. Believe me you will ride on the beach if you have a fat bike! Had problems with elevation in the woods and Forrest's so now I have a mid drive fat bike. Since it is quicker and handles elevation so well, I now leave my truck at home when I go to town. Ebikes allow you to do far more and you look forward to riding it. Ride it with 8-10 psi, so if traffic is heavy, just ride it off road. But like many others it has me riding when I otherwise wouldn't. Far greener footprint doing so. Fat old folks can ride to town!

Back