The best tuning option for Shimano E8000?

CarolAgate

Region
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I wanted to know your opinions on the tuning options for Shimano E8000 and which is the best one.
I don't want to turn my ebike into a motorbike but the 25 kph limit is annoying so I want to get a bit above that.
Thank you for your feedback!

Hey Carol,
my recommendation would be the Speedbox. It increases the speed limit up to 50 kph so I guess it is more than enough for you.

Hey Carol,
my recommendation would be the Speedbox. It increases the speed limit up to 50 kph so I guess it is more than enough for you.
Thank you for your answer. I've just had a brief look on the product. If I understand it correctly it is installed in the motor?

I've only used the free version with my E6100, but the paid version will allow you to change the destination market to the US so you can get it up to 32kph for many Shimano motors, depending on which display and firmware you have.

The free version will give you more statistics about you motor/battery so it might be worth a look.

I've only used the free version with my E6100, but the paid version will allow you to change the destination market to the US so you can get it up to 32kph for many Shimano motors, depending on which display and firmware you have.

The free version will give you more statistics about you motor/battery so it might be worth a look.
Thanks!

Yes I use paid version too for a couple of years now and the wheel setting of 1300 works great for speeds up to ~24.8 mph. But mostly I used it for the 0-100% assist tuning which is really great !!! I am going to try the speedbox now because I want to use this bike on the fast group road rides I do on my Giant Syncdrive motor (with the chainstay speed sensor hack.) I just need about 30mph for safety on the group rides when we jump and the speedbox should give me about that.

Back