THE ABUS BORDO™ ALARM FOLDING LOCK

Echos

CHICAGO, IL - ABUS - www.abus.com - With the Bordo Alarm, ABUS, the security expert for mobile safety, is bringing the world’s first alarmed folding bike lock into the market. With electronics that have been proven for years on ABUS motorcycles locks, these provide a precise 3D movement sensor that triggers a 100-decibel alarm should an attack be attempted and thus deters thieves.

Vtiy73v.jpg

Bordo Alarm “The Sound of Security”

• 100 dB Alarm

• Intelligent Alarm System

• 90cm Length

• Plus Cylinder which can be keyed alike with other plus Cylinders

• Level 10 Security

• Designed and Made in Germany

• MSRP $169.99

mNW4KZK.jpg
    ob4F053.jpg

I like this. I have a Bordo 8000 that doesn't have an alarm which I really like. Easy to use and stow, and would take a pretty large bolt cutter or angle grinder to defeat. I use it for daytime parking at the grocery store, Target, cafe, etc. I think a nice loud 100db alarm would make it even better.

Should include a GPS so that your phone is notified of your bike being tampered with.

The lock itself seems to be a good theft deterrent device and useful for short term use as mentioned.

I too have an AB 6000a and after a half dozen trips find it is a wonderful if a bit oversensitive theft deterrent.

However in our recent travels we lost one key and the packaging. The Abus site only allows orders for keys if the key code is known or you send Abus US the "master key" . I have taken the lock apart, which is very easy to do after unlocking the AB 6000a, but find no identifying code on the key or the interior of the lock. I am also leery of shipping out the only key I have.

I have tried posting to the Abus site multiple times last week with no response. Am I stuck with a 1 key alarm lock? No more walkin locksmith in our area and none of the half dozen key copying services I tried have a blank to match this Abus lock.

Any ideas from other owners of this lock?

Best, Mark

You might try going through an Abus dealer. I've been told that Highway 2 in Illinois is the distributor for Abus USA and part owned by Abus. All key-alike orders go through them. Perhaps an LBS that deals with Abus will have a direct contact.

Back