Tern HSD Review!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys, I got to check out the Tern HSD (which stands for Haul Stuff Daily) model and compared it to the GSD (which stands for Get Stuff Done) yesterday! Both great ebikes... I had a friend from Austin who was recently deciding between the two, the GSD vs. HSD, so I really tried to explain the differences in weight, features, and drive systems. Check it out here: https://electricbikereview.com/tern/hsd-s8i/ and I'll embed the video below:

To me, the HSD is perfect if you've only got one child vs. two, and you want a shorter, lighter, and less expensive model. I'd probably purchase the P9 for myself (which costs $3,199) because I prefer a chain + derailleur + cassette. The belt drive and internally geared hub on the S8i is pretty sweet though, and it actually weighs less than the P9. Both of these models come with the Bosch Active Line Plus, but the Tern HSD S+ has the Performance Line motor, which is my overall motor preference. It costs ~$2,000 more, but you also get a 25% greater Bosch PowerPack 500 vs. 400, and the NuVinci AUTOMATiQ continuously variable transmission with auto shifting. Pretty fancy, here's a video about that, mostly marketing fluff in my opinion:

This video actually shows what happens inside the Enviolo (which used to be called NuVinci):

Back