TCD

Abridged

Region
United Kingdom
Hello there from Ireland, newbie here. I bought a 2022 Vado SL 5.0 six months of so ago. Just a quick question. Does the bike need the TCD unit or can it work with just being connected to mission control? The battery on the TCD is running out and worried in case I make a mistake when changing it. Thanks for your help!

Hello there from Ireland, newbie here. I bought a 2022 Vado SL 5.0 six months of so ago. Just a quick question. Does the bike need the TCD unit or can it work with just being connected to mission control? The battery on the TCD is running out and worried in case I make a mistake when changing it. Thanks for your help!
Frankly, they don't make resetting the values on the TCD easy - the two button presses and moving through the display screens. Unfortunately for me, I used some no-name battery and within a week it needed replacement again!!!!

Once I connected my Vado SL to a Wahoo ELEMNT, I forgot I ever owned a TCD :)
I use the TCD occasionally to quickly check the battery level of my SL when it is in my flat (it takes ages to start the Wahoo!)

P.S. Just have returned from a trip to Dublin. What excellent bike infrastructure is there!

Thanks for the info Stefan. Ah Dublin does! Sadly Derry (of the famous Girls comedy) isn't great infrastructure wise though they have build green ways recently though there is a real shortage of cycle paths on roads.

Back