TCD defect on 2020 Como?

Mr. Breeze

On a 2020 Como, the display seems to be weird in the way it shows the odometer. In the attached photos, we scroll through the different functions (MPH, Timer, Power, Kcal, Odometer) and you will notice that the read out on all BUT the odometer is in the large part of the display. When scrolling to the odometer function, it shows ODO in the large part and the actual odometer reading in the small. Don't know if this is a firmware issue or a defect. Anyone else have this issue?

Attachments

• IMG_4089.jpeg
    IMG_4089.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_4090.jpeg
    IMG_4090.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_4091.jpeg
    IMG_4091.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_4092.jpeg
    IMG_4092.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_4093.jpeg
    IMG_4093.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 303
On a 2020 Como, the display seems to be weird in the way it shows the odometer. In the attached photos, we scroll through the different functions (MPH, Timer, Power, Kcal, Odometer) and you will notice that the read out on all BUT the odometer is in the large part of the display. When scrolling to the odometer function, it shows ODO in the large part and the actual odometer reading in the small. Don't know if this is a firmware issue or a defect. Anyone else have this issue?

My 5.0 Vado is the same

The programmer must have woke up by the time my Vado SL 5 EQ was delivered. Big numbers and small letters on my TCD.
Sounds like you have newer software. Can you check the version numbers in mission control?

Thanks. Display version 2C.BO isn't a version I've seen ... any dealers familiar with this?

Same thing happened to my 2020 Vado 5 after the last firmware update.
it was fine before that.

Same here on my Vado 5. Why to worry? I don't use ODO for the display, using KCAL instead. I can always check the odometer in the Mission Control...

Hmm. The Distance is for a ride while Odo is for the total distance. I need the odometer only to plan the maintenance...

I now notice that @Mr. Breeze does not have the trip odometer function on any of his screens. The TCD screens are customizable if you are brave enough to navigate the instructions. On my TCD, the 4th screen you show in your pictures has a trip odometer (shown as DIST in the TCD) instead of POWER. Mine came from the factory with the trip odometer on the 4th screen. If you are feeling brave, study the instructions and try changing the screen on your TCD to add the DIST function. Also there is an undocumented method to reset the trip odometer-While on the DIST screen, press both buttons simultaneously then release while the reset notification is displayed. If you wait too long, it won't reset. Took me a few rides to get the hang of the trip odometer reset. Like your wife, I like to know how far I have gone to gauge when it's time to head home. I have a tendency to ride aimlessly ;)

Last edited:
I now notice that @Mr. Breeze does not have the trip odometer function on any of his screens. The TCD screens are customizable if you are brave enough to navigate the instructions. On my TCD, the 4th screen you show in your pictures has a trip odometer (shown as DIST in the TCD) instead of POWER. Mine came from the factory with the trip odometer on the 4th screen. If you are feeling brave, study the instructions and try changing the screen on your TCD to add the DIST function. Also there is an undocumented method to reset the trip odometer-While on the DIST screen, press both buttons simultaneously then release while the reset notification is displayed. If you wait too long, it won't reset. Took me a few rides to get the hang of the trip odometer reset. Like your wife, I like to know how far I have gone to gauge when it's time to head home. I have a tendency to ride aimlessly ;)
Exactly! The TCD-W screen is fully customisable. Use the SET button on your remote to navigate to the ODO screen. Then depress both display buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds, release. Now use the left display button to get DIST on your screen. Depress both buttons. Then, you can change other display fields in the screen. It is described in the User Manual of TCD.

My five screens of the TCD-W customised:

1599761725188.png

Distance, battery %

1599761767501.png

Ride time, battery %

1599761804718.png

Rider's Power Input, Cadence

1599761844367.png

Kilocalories, Battery %

1599761890283.png

Max Speed, Battery %

Two more available data, that is, Average Speed and Odometer are not displayed. For legal European reasons, the Speedometer must be on in all screens for all the time and cannot be customised.

Back