Taiwan's 'game changer' e-bike battery charging stations could supercharge shift from fossil fuels

The company Gogoro (mentioned the article above) has its own line of e-scooters to match the charging station batteries:

One reason for myself buying the same brand bike was to be able to use a battery from another if we had an issue..

Where I live you are able to bike all year.. chilly in the winter (for me at 50 degrees) and hot in the summer 120 degrees.. but doable.

Yamaha (and a few other companies) make scooters compatible with the Gogoro battery system.

There should be a National Standard for ALL batteries. Its ridiculous every company out there has to have their own battery and then even they change that every six months and the old is now no good. All we are doing is filling up our land fills and creating more problems.

Whats going to happen 5 years down the road when your battery needs replacing and they no longer make it. Now you just scrap whatever you have and buy a new one even though all it needed was a battery.

There should be a standard battery case and connector for all bikes and you put whatever inside that case you want but you can not change that case or connecter.

The same for all cell phones and power tools and anything else that needs batteries. ONE case ONE connecter and you work within that.

Bruce

Whats going to happen 5 years down the road when your battery needs replacing and they no longer make it.
Either rebuild it yourself or have one of the several companies that offer that service rebuild it for you.

Back