Tail light for Yamaha Cross Core

Pfps823

Hi,

I'm looking for a tail light I can use on my Yamaha Cross Core as well as some instructions on how to hook up. I have the option of ordering Yamaha's rack with integrated tail light but I don't like the look (or the price). Wondering if anyone has recs on a light -- and more importantly -- can point me in the directions of wiring instructions. I guess since Yamaha wants me to use their dealers, they don't make it easy and provide instructions and I'd have to order their rack thru dealer. So I'm not sure if the Cross Core is pre-wired for the tail light or what I need to do...

I found this light, which manufacturer's website says is compatible with Yamaha motors: https://ride.lezyne.com/products/1-led-erfndst-v1 Looks fine to me, though open to other suggestions.

Thanks!

Great info! Took a quick read -- manual only notes head light, not tail light, but since you're aware of the Y-cable, I'm guessing you've used that before and it works for both? If so, did you have to run a wire to the tail light or was it pre wired? Any idea where I'd order that Y-Cable? Thanks again!

Edit: to be more precise, you can get it on Amazon:

Mine is already fitted as it came with the bike (Haibike Trekking).

Price looks a bit steep, esp. if I can't find here in the States and would need to ship overseas. Can't see why I couldn't just splice in, or try to find similar connectors and make my own. Any idea what type of connectors Yamaha is using? Would rather have all the parts in hand before taking things apart... Tks again!

When I purchased my Yamaha Wabash my dealer included the Y-cable (#X1M-86179-00) to tie into the headlight wiring and an extension wire (#X1M-H1515-00) to go from the Y-cable to the rear light. I have no idea what the dealer would charge for them. I am still trying to find a 6V taillight I like but when I find one at least I'm ready with the wiring.

I ordered a battery powered underseat light so that I could use it as a motion sensing alarm. There are 3 on Amazon that are probably the same but different "import brandings" ;).

When I purchased my Yamaha Wabash my dealer included the Y-cable (#X1M-86179-00) to tie into the headlight wiring and an extension wire (#X1M-H1515-00) to go from the Y-cable to the rear light.
Thanks for the part #! Used that to google search and just ordered on Partzilla here in the US.

When I purchased my Yamaha Wabash my dealer included the Y-cable (#X1M-86179-00) to tie into the headlight wiring and an extension wire (#X1M-H1515-00) to go from the Y-cable to the rear light. I have no idea what the dealer would charge for them. I am still trying to find a 6V taillight I like but when I find one at least I'm ready with the wiring.

Do you know where that Y connector makes the connection in your Wabash? I finally had a chance to try to wire my tail light to my cross core and bought that same Y connector. But unlike the video above of the Haibike/Yamaha motor, the connection does not seem to be made at the motor. I've attached 2 photos of what my wiring looks like under my motor. There's only one larger sized connector that goes to the battery terminals, all those other smaller wires are going directly into the motor through a rubber casing. No connectors I can see that match the Y connector.

Attachments

• Yamaha wiring2.JPG
    Yamaha wiring2.JPG
    247.7 KB · Views: 629
  • Yamaha wiring1.JPG
    Yamaha wiring1.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 512
When I drop my motor down, there are 4 sets of connectors; a heavy 3 wire connector from the battery, a light 3 wire connector from the speed sensor, a light 5 wire connector from the display, and a light 2 wire connector going to the headlight. The connectors aren’t right at the motor, they’re maybe 6” away. The Y connector goes in the circuit going to the headlight.

Do you know where that Y connector makes the connection in your Wabash? I finally had a chance to try to wire my tail light to my cross core and bought that same Y connector. But unlike the video above of the Haibike/Yamaha motor, the connection does not seem to be made at the motor. I've attached 2 photos of what my wiring looks like under my motor. There's only one larger sized connector that goes to the battery terminals, all those other smaller wires are going directly into the motor through a rubber casing. No connectors I can see that match the Y connector.
You might need to drop the motor down a little further then (carefully) pull the wires out of the downtube to get to the connectors. They're there, but may be a bit hidden.

You might need to drop the motor down a little further then (carefully) pull the wires out of the downtube to get to the connectors. They're there, but may be a bit hidden.

Belated thanks for this tip. For anyone else doing this -- they are indeed up there - in the same color configuration as the video above. Just needed to reach in a few inches and pull them out.

Back