Swytch Kit - Latest Kit

twy

Region
USA
City
Northern Massachusetts/New Hampshire and Maine (Portland Area)
Anyone else using the latest Swytch Kit? I just installed one on my son's Rockhopper (mainly so he would stop borrowing my Turbo Tero) and am impressed by the power it provides on such a light bike. It does take some getting used to the fact that it only works on pedal cadance.

Attachments

• 20230804_124606[1].jpg
    20230804_124606[1].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 127
Saw an older couple (older being relative as people can refer to me as older) riding on one of our trails and I was amazed at how fast they were riding because we couldn't pass them and they looked like they were on regular bikes. Most of my crew uses regular bikes so once we got on a section that had a parallel road I shifted over, put my ebike into higher PAS and paced then passed them... but that's when I noticed the front hub motor and the Swytch battery kit on their handlebars. I slowed down and asked how they like it and they said it was great... and based on how fast they were going... has pretty good output for such a compact system.

I checked out their site because one of my friends wants to convert his bike and I'm thinking of trying to convert one of mine but they were sold out.

How was your ordering and install experience?

Ordering was a little slow. I changed to the better OLED display and added a 2nd battery and the mechanical brake shut-offs during the order process so I am not sure if that slowed it down more than normal. I think it took several months to actually get the kit.

Installation was relatively painless. I did not install the brake shut-offs and I had to fudge the cadence sensor since the down tube on my sons Rockhopper was not round.

Since it is a true cadence sensor, starting from a dead stop is very different than my Turbo Tero but overall it works great.

Back