Swift Lite

Gl90265

I’m looking to get my first a bike and want to spend in the thousand dollar range. I will be using it for street riding, exercise and riding hills. Does anybody have any information on this new model and whether it would suit my needs.

From the brief information you have provided - probably would suit your needs. Does not have many gears or assist levels, but for getting around town and some minor hills it looks ok. The model is new for them, though - I've seen a few hiccups for people, but others who it has worked great for so far.
If you want more specific feedback - join the Biktrix Owners' Group on Facebook and ask your same question. A fair few people on there seemingly have received Swift Lite's and should be able to give you more accurate feedback than me (given I don't own one). :)
Hope this helps a bit!

Not on Facebook, can’t find any reviews yet.

Biktrix site says these are in stock which may be better for those who can’t wait.

I haven’t seen any official reviews either, I think they just started selling them a month ago. A few people have received them and most seem to like them, from what I’ve seen in that Facebook group, for whatever that is worth.

They're a really new model, I test rode one the first week they showed up at Biktrix. Quick and light!

I really liked the fact the two versions of it had different handlebars: swept riser bars on the stepthru, and clean low flat bar on the stepover... That second setup totally suits me and I felt the bike handled extremely well. The monoshock fork is a good touch too, not as heavy or clunky as a steel-sprung stock suspension fork... Weight is pretty tidy at under 50 pounds too (including battery!).

Brakes were also nice and snappy! For the price I haven't seen a nicer ebike to be honest, it's a great choice for getting around without getting very spendy.

I’m concerned because it’s a new model and there are no expert reviews that I can find. I did notice that on all the other bikes they come with a one-year warranty and this model only has a 90 day warranty. if I pull the trigger should I pay for the extended warranty for $250 which extends it to 12 months.

That's a fair price for extended warranty, although personally I'd just save those dollars on the side for case-by-case repair or upgrade... But I've also got a complete home bicycle shop and tools, I live a voided-warranty lifestyle lol.

Biktrix is really good with their warranty work though, so that's the best course if not tooled up, mechanically inclined, etc.

I’m concerned because it’s a new model and there are no expert reviews that I can find. I did notice that on all the other bikes they come with a one-year warranty and this model only has a 90 day warranty. if I pull the trigger should I pay for the extended warranty for $250 which extends it to 12 months.

I noticed that too. On chat they said it should be 1-year but told me to contact them. Sent them an email last week but still no response... which is not a good sign to me.

So far I gathered your needs are:
$1k range
Riding: street, hills, exercise
But what are your other needs?
How many miles per year? That is a lower-end drivetrain, and I suspect it wouldn't last if you are doing high miles.
What would be your avg., min., and max distances in a day? Battery size can be really critical.
What kind of hills (% grade)? You might be able to get away with a singlespeed.

At a $1k pricepoint, I'd stay away from the feature rich stuff and focus on a bike that does the core of what you want, well.

BigNerd hit up Roshan on FB in the groups and let him know what’s happening ... from what I see he’s not in hiding and fix your problem

Not on FB.

They finally got back... but I think this one is no longer on my list. Maybe for someone else in my family.

Well glad they got back to you ... I have found that Roshad stays in site ... even need him go to FB he more active there then here

I see @roshan is here taking to another member.

I just want to know if there are any reviews of the Swift Lite.

Looks like they only have red ones of the standard frames left.

Don’t just focus on one bike. You may kick yourself for not looking and being a little patient. For $1,000 you can get a tried and true Aventon 350.

Got to test drive the Pace at an LBS. it was nice but heavy. The Swift Lite is both stealthy and light. It’s not the only one on my list. I have an Espin Sport but am looking for a lighter bike.

Back