SUSPENSION STEMS FOR ST-1 & ST-2

I was involved in a serious bicycle accident on my ST-1 in April, 2016. I now drive a ST-2, and I continue to experience pain in my left wrist. I need to take the pressure of my wrist by upgrading the standard Stromer ST-2 stem.
I read the report about the STA-FAST STEM on this forum: ((Link Removed - No Longer Exists)), but I am reluctant to commit to the $350. price plus installation costs.

My big question is have any other Stromer ST-1 or ST-2 owners purchased any other suspension stems for their ebikes? If so, are any of them listed below and what are your experiences to date.

Searching online, I have found several other suspension stems, but no on this forum has reported any experience with the SHOCK STOP STEM: ((Link Removed - No Longer Exists) the GOEZRIDE STEM: ((Link Removed - No Longer Exists)) or a suspension stem I found on eBay called the GRIPFAST STEM: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

As always, your responses will be greatly appreciated and I will report on my final decision as soon as I buy it and try it.

Last edited:
Maybe those those extenders that go on the ends of grips that curl up, would give your wrists more positions to hold handlebars. Great your back.

I was involved in a serious bicycle accident on my ST-1 in April, 2016. I now drive a ST-2, and I continue to experience pain in my left wrist. I need to take the pressure of my wrist by upgrading the standard Stromer ST-2 stem.
I read the report about the STA-FAST STEM on this forum: ((Link Removed - No Longer Exists)), but I am reluctant to commit to the $350. price plus installation costs.

My big question is have any other Stromer ST-1 or ST-2 owners purchased any other suspension stems for their ebikes? If so, are any of them listed below and what are you experiences to date.

Searching online, I have found several other suspension stems, but no on this forum has reported any experience with the SHOCK STOP STEM: ((Link Removed - No Longer Exists) the GOEZRIDE STEM: ((Link Removed - No Longer Exists)) or a suspension stem I found on eBay called the GRIPFAST STEM: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

As always, your responses will be greatly appreciated and I will report on my final decision as soon as I buy it and try it.

Redshift Sports has a new shock-absorbing stem due out in September--called Shock Stop. They've crowd-funded it and have done a good job of keeping people informed of their progress. They're very close to releasing it. It looks very promising. It's fully adjustable and they are offering it in various sizes/configurations. Sorry I don't have a link but do be sure to check it out--and oh yes, it is far less expensive than the Sta-Fast Stem which strikes me as being on the prohibitive side in terms of price.

Yes, thank you for the clarification.

The ST-2 front suspension costs about $650.00 US dollars plus shipping to the USA. I can't seem to find a Stromer dealer that sells the optional suspension.

My old Stromer Sport ebike came standard with the Suntour Raidon front forks suspension, but I did not know one could purchased front suspension forks for the ST-2 in Europe.

Ever consider bike insurance? Sadly, accidents, theft happens and when you spend this kind of money on a bike. It's better to be protected, best of luck to finding a resolution but consider insurance as an alternative

I asked my lawyer buddy about bodily injury whilst riding a bicycle and he advised home owner's insurance might cover a party who harms another bicyclist. He has never heard of bicycle insurance covering injured bicyclists. I am sure there must be an insurance company out there selling property theft insurance for expensive bicycles. Is there something I am missing?

Last edited:
I decided to order a HIGH RISE SHOCK STOP STEM from Red Shift Sports, but the estimated wait time is October, 2016. Last week, the wait time for delivery was September, 2016.

STAY TUNED.

Should you give warranty if someone else worked on the bike with non Stromer parts?
As this is a first adopter bike we need warranty, I was very happy to have the warranty.

Europa has other laws as US.

I have an st1 and st2. st1 has stormer branded suspension forks(I installed) and st2 has rock shox(that dealer installed).
I don't expect Stromer to warranty rock shox, but I suspect the rest of the bike is under warranty.
I've had both of them long enough that I am confident not much warranty work will be needed anyway.

The shop I bought my ST1 from installed a Fox Factory CTD fork - it works like a charm and I ride a lot of off-road. I have had warranty work done on the bike since then, and no one said anything about my aftermarket fork.

I bought the factory version for my ST2, great upgrade , over priced though

Just FYI, if any ST2 owners are considering buying a fork, they might consider buying a SR Suntour Epixon 26" front suspension fork for ~$200. It's the same fork as the ST2 fork but at 1/4 the price.

agreed that is is a much better deal,..it doesnt say ST2 on it and match my paint, any warranted issues (I have my share) it is a Stromer part, it includes the the fender and hardware for this bike.

comes down to appearance and what the local install says ... my shop was more willing to install the Stromer part since it was made for the bike. If my shop said to install the Suntour I would have done that and saved the money

Back