SUSPECTED PROBLEM, BATTERIES CHARGED IN 25-30% TIME AS BEFORE...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaunpro3

Region
USA
City
Naples FL
t 1st, with the charges i used then, when i charged my batt.s all the way it took about 6=7 hours.....
so then i need a new charger and got one.... one practically the same as before. for a 48v battery pack... so this new one is again 48v 2.5 a but yet today, once batt.s died and i plugged in this new charger, about 1.5 - 2 hours later the charge light was off indicating a full charge....??????????
is that possible, or does that indicate a battery maybe dyeing or something else responsible or does it now charge in a 1/3 - 1/4 of the time required before../?????

t 1st, with the charges i used then, when i charged my batt.s all the way it took about 6=7 hours.....
so then i need a new charger and got one.... one practically the same as before. for a 48v battery pack... so this new one is again 48v 2.5 a but yet today, once batt.s died and i plugged in this new charger, about 1.5 - 2 hours later the charge light was off indicating a full charge....??????????
is that possible, or does that indicate a battery maybe dyeing or something else responsible or does it now charge in a 1/3 - 1/4 of the time required before../?????
Measure battery voltage after full charge. Is it close to 54v?
You can also estimate the capacith by riding the bike and checking how long you can ride. If your charge time decreased to 1/4 time of normal because of the battery problem, you will notice much shorter run time as well.

yes 54v after full charge, can i goto advanced auto and have each battery checked using there tester with a load option to determine if all good ?

I don't know what "advanced auto" means. Is it a shop ? It is certainly possible to test the battery using a dummy load and voltmeter.
But if you don't have access to that, you can just ride the bike using high PAS setting or full throttle. Check the voltage in the beginning and when the battery starts dying.
Does your display show battery voltage?
I expect to see some signs. Maybe too short ride time. Maybe the battery dies when the voltage is still relatively high (48-50v).
Also what happens when the battery dies ? Complete loss of power ? Does display still work or not ?
Is there a button and status light on the battery ? Does it show some color if you press the button immediately after battery dies?
Maybe not all of these questions are important, but answers might help to understand what is going on.
I am also dealing with a bad battery. Trying to fix it. Unfortunately I need to do a few charge/discharge cycles and it takes long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back