Supercharger 2

Afren

1567498166046.png

Not much has changed apart from the prices and a much more practical and versatile cockpit.

Last edited:
Damn, I originally ordered the Charger GX Rohloff HS in the Curry Yellow. Unfortunately my order was canceled to to Charger HS-models was phased out. Instead I went for the Supercharger in blue/black but I never liked the color.
Now the Supercharger2 is available in the fabulous Curry Yellow... makes me want. Maybe it'd be cheaper to repaint my bike? :)

Comparing a Supercharger GX Rolhoff HS with the new Supercharger2 GT Rohloff HS with GX-option and front rack, the new model is about 9 % higher in price.

Is it worth it?

Rear rack seems much better, the rear rack was a fragile construction on the original Supercharger and I know many failed (mine did, got it replaced).
The front rack seems much better too, since it is fastened on the frame exactly like on the Multicharger. It now boasts 5 kg of carrying capacity instead of 3 kg on the old model.
The Rohloff is electronic on both models, I have the older manual Rohloff.
The handlebar seems much less cluttered, mine is a mess and almost prevents usage of the front rack. Hope this is not just photoshopped pictures.

Not much has changed apart from the prices and a much more practical and versatile cockpit.
Not much changed?
Quite a different frame allowing it to be split to get the belt off, and supports for racks, etc.
Different charging port location.
Totally different battery covers.
Totally different front rack with higher mass capacity.
Totally different rear rack with higher mass capacity.
Totally new Gen4 engine.
Different lock location (less rattle?)
Different pedals i believe.
Less clutter on the cockpit.
Changed lights?
Different brakes?
Less ground clearance?
Different riding geometry?
More option packages...

Last edited:
Back