Superbike - Series 2 unlock upgrades.

pushkar

Hey everyone ... I have been contacted by a few people who are interested in the bike. Link to buy the bike They missed the founder series pricing (well since i didnt publicise it that much). So I have been thinking of getting more value to Series 2 buyers. One easy way is to tie this to upgrades we are planning for the rest of the year

Here is what I am thinking.

1. Increase the buying time for Series 2 pricing till the prototype is here (so ~ 60 days)

2. Set batches of 20 orders to unlock features for the Series 2,
  • Higher Wattage motor (1000W to 2300W) (20 more orders)
  • Secret feature 1 - something to do with better visual experience (next 20 orders)
  • Secret feature 2 - something to do with charging on the road (next 20 orders) (Founders have a sense for what this might be)
  • Lifetime software upgrades (next 20 orders)
  • Dual Battery Option for $300 more + Secret feature 4 - something to protect the dual battery (next 20 orders) (Founders have a sense for what this might be)
Note - Founders have some of these included in the founder benefits. They will automatically get all benefits as we unlock for everyone else.

Link to buy the bike

Last edited:
Everything has a cost... however, if we do 100 - 200 bikes, the cost dynamic changes, a LOT. We can accommodate more features earlier.. and this way founders don't have to wait the whole year, and get those sooner! There are of course a couple founders-only upgrades that I will post that on the private forums.

what sort of commitment do you need?
$6k? $7K $8k
100 buyers? 200?
I love the concept
I Iike the informed crowdsourcing process.
I can affirm that WW builds a quality product.
I'm still breaking in my ultimate commuter.
and, clearly, I have too many bikes.

With the component selection and design phase completed, the excitement has died down a bit. But I expect momentum to increase once the 3D renderings based on actual design specs/measurements and/or actual pictures from the prototype building process are shared.

what sort of commitment do you need?
$6k? $7K $8k
100 buyers? 200?
I love the concept
I Iike the informed crowdsourcing process.
I can affirm that WW builds a quality product.
I'm still breaking in my ultimate commuter.
and, clearly, I have too many bikes.
The commitment is on a per bike basis. Every 20 orders, we unlock a feature. The commitment will be for the price of the bike - full price upfront, or a deposit route with a slightly higher price.

Hey everyone ... I have been contacted by a few people who are interested in the bike. Link to buy the bike They missed the founder series pricing (well since i didnt publicise it that much). So I have been thinking of getting more value to Series 2 buyers. One easy way is to tie this to upgrades we are planning for the rest of the year

Here is what I am thinking.

1. Increase the buying time for Series 2 pricing till the prototype is here (so ~ 60 days)

2. Set batches of 20 orders to unlock features for the Series 2,
  • Higher Wattage motor (1000W to 2300W) (20 more orders)
  • Secret feature 1 - something to do with better visual experience (next 20 orders)
  • Secret feature 2 - something to do with charging on the road (next 20 orders) (Founders have a sense for what this might be)
  • Lifetime software upgrades (next 20 orders)
  • Dual Battery Option for $300 more + Secret feature 4 - something to protect the dual battery (next 20 orders) (Founders have a sense for what this might be)
Note - Founders have some of these included in the founder benefits. They will automatically get all benefits as we unlock for everyone else.

Link to buy the bike
As I recall, We series 2ers, were only asked to choose a couple of options at check out. Size ,color and Battery maybe? Can you clarify how the rest of the process goes. I have a receipt but it is not itemized..Watt options, did I choose that already? Secret feature status.. still ongoing or already announced ? And what about my CB antenna? lol.... Looks like the series 2 just closed but when you get a second pls address. Or direct me to where you have it laid out.. thanks.. I'm no founder, but i play one on TV

How does this work?

If you buy a bike as a series 2 purchase now With an expected roll out date of October 2020

can you add “Newer unlocked” options later as there are more sales and the features unlock and have those added to your bike while it is assembled?

I imagine Sales will be brisk - judging from the bike shops I visited - people are flocking to bikes To get away in this current pandemic setting.

October might add some interesting features.

@pushkar

On the Superbike what will be the maximum tire width the bike would allow on the step through.....3" ?
Also what if you want to buy an extra in-frame only battery ? What would be the extra cost of that be ?

@pushkar

On the Superbike what will be the maximum tire width the bike would allow on the step through.....3" ?
Also what if you want to buy an extra in-frame only battery ? What would be the extra cost of that be ?
I believe the maximum tire width for both frame types is 3" with the default tire at 2.4".

I believe The frame will be here within the next 2 weeks. That would mean we can view a complete prototype very soon.

I would be interested in buying incentives at that point.

We are starting assembly next week (will post pics as soon as we have it). I am expecting ~ 71 or 72 lbs with in-frame battery. (current Ti bike is ~64lbs as a comparison).

Reactions: Law
Back