Suntour battery not charging - iZip Simi

Got a new Simi in the shop, ran the battery flat on a test ride, but am unable to charge it. The battery has 3 lights with the 4th/top light flashing when I press the button on the pack. Plugging into the charger, I can hear a relay in the charger cycling about every second, but the light stays green. The bike won't power on. The charger can charge a second battery just fine.

Is there a way to reset the pack or is it warranty time? This is a water-bottle style pack made by Suntour.

Hello,

i also have the same problem with my battery, when i put it on charge the relay cycles every second or so, my battery also has 3 bars showing when pressed and the 4th light flashing, i have tried the reset by holding the button in for 30 seconds standalone, plugged in on charge and on the bike.

i have also tried a second battery with my charger and it charges fine. the last time i checked the battery from my last ride the battery was around 36% left of charge. i cant power the bike on

Solar Roller - does the second battery work on the bike ? if so i might be an issue with just the battery which means can rule out the bike/computer etc...

not sure if the batteris BMS is also the computer my dad has a 313wh battery which charges fine from my charger but not wanting to try that battery on my bike as its a different model

My model is a Carrera Crossfire E Mens
Battery model - ebp40a090c1

link - https://www.halfords.com/bikes/elec...brid-bike---17in-19in-21in-frames-184894.html

Hello,

i also have the same problem with my battery, when i put it on charge the relay cycles every second or so, my battery also has 3 bars showing when pressed and the 4th light flashing, i have tried the reset by holding the button in for 30 seconds standalone, plugged in on charge and on the bike.

i have also tried a second battery with my charger and it charges fine. the last time i checked the battery from my last ride the battery was around 36% left of charge. i cant power the bike on

Solar Roller - does the second battery work on the bike ? if so i might be an issue with just the battery which means can rule out the bike/computer etc...

not sure if the batteris BMS is also the computer my dad has a 313wh battery which charges fine from my charger but not wanting to try that battery on my bike as its a different model

My model is a Carrera Crossfire E Mens
Battery model - ebp40a090c1

link - https://www.halfords.com/bikes/elec...brid-bike---17in-19in-21in-frames-184894.html
That sounds like the exact problem I was having. Suntour sent a new pack under warranty, and that pack worked fine with everything. That bike has since been sold, and the customer hasn't reported any issues.

Back