Suggestions on Market Value of E-bikes

Tiffany

Looking to sell husband's Trek Cross-rip E-bike. Purchased in 2017, Fall. Simply does not ride great:( Looking for suggestions to get a handle on market value.
Thanks!

Agreed. Most of them seem to drop quickly. My $2000 bike would sell quickly at $1000, maybe I could get $1250 if I wasn't in a hurry.

Looking to sell husband's Trek Cross-rip E-bike. Purchased in 2017, Fall. Simply does not ride great:( Looking for suggestions to get a handle on market value.
Thanks!
Nows the time of the year to sell. Most people looking. Start w a price no higher than 40% of new. You don't want it to sit long on the market, as fewer and fewer people are looking once you get past June. And despite used ebikes being listed on Craigslist or Offer up, many people willing to accept the risk and unknowns of used, try to mitigate some of that by only calling a local ebike shop. Even though not many ebike shops will sell used. Too many variables on why someone is selling theirs, which affects perception of 'what am I getting into ' for the would be buyer. And typically anyone seeking used wants to pay way less than typical decent value priced new ebike that starts around $1300. (I.e. they are often looking for a bargain, being around $500 to $600. Except nobody wants to sell their used ebike that low, especially if they paid $2000 or more. It's a very dicey and highly subjective market unfortunately for used)

At stores new ebikes from 2017/2018 sell at 30 to 40% off ! i would say 7-800$ and if the battery is bad or has too many cycles , is a 60lb scrap metal bike...

Back