Suggestions for getting ready

yyf926

Hi All,

Well, May will be here before I know it and I have 30 days to put my R&M Nevo through the paces before she becomes mine forever.

I work a retail job. So I stand a walk a lot. But I have not done much cardio to prepare and I want to.

I have ready access to a Schwinn Aerodyne and also a recumbent stationary bike. What workout/which machine do you think would work best to get me ready to ride my Nevo once she arrives?

No judgments, please. I am where I am and I have chosen to go the ebike path to give me an eco-friendlier transport to work while building my cardio health.

David

I’d just wait and ride the real bike, it’s a lot more fun and the flexibility of the assistance levels are such that by using a higher assistance rate to start with and over time your fitness will improve and you can lower the assist levels.
Enjoy your new bike !

The Aerodyne will more than likey get you to the aerobic stage more quickly.

Personaly I would probably do 80% on the Schwinn and the other 20% on the recumbent for when I was feeling a bit lazy or had something I was reading/watching that I wanted to concentrate on.

Riding a bike requires balance, balance requires core muscles. I have a feeling the Aerodyne would contribute to core strength more than a recumbent?🤔 Just my 2 cents.

Congrats on your new bike and many miles to you!

My two cents: go ahead and ride the those stationary machines but only if you feel like it. I could never tolerate the boredom and eventually turned them in clothes racks. You’d be surprised how many leggings will fit on the handlebars!

I felt the same cardio concerns as you while I was waiting for my Specialized Vado, however once I started riding it my concerns disappeared. Ebikes are so darn much fun that I wanted to ride more & more. The motor power takes care of any concerns and you will feel like you have bionic legs! Your job standing and walking is plenty of preparation.

Looking forward to a photo of your new ebike.

A recumbent stationary will work a different core muscle set than serious cycling muscles. Maybe good cardio, but not the greatest work working cycling muscles. The only way I can tolerate stationary bikes is watching the hardest rock I can find on youtube. Nothing will get you ready for the saddle pressure points though. That might even be your limiting factor at the start. Get some cycling shorts with padding, you'll need it.

Back