Suggestions for a good bike seat

wings02

I am looking to swap out the seat on the Juiced CrossCurrent S2 ebike I just purchased. I am installing an SR SunTour NCX Seatpost which will help but I am looking for a better padded seat. Does anyone have any suggestions? I did try a Cloud 9 seat on my wife's ebike but I did not care for it.

I’d make sure that whatever seat you’re looking at supports your riding position. Upright riding has different shaped seats than more forward road cycling. I know this doesn’t answer your question but seats can be a very individual thing.

these are my top two recommendations.

ie61ew2n22b71.jpg
IMG_3260.jpeg

I am a fan of the Serfas gel lines if you like the soft seats. Several to chose from, and many sizes in the range. I put a super cruiser on one bike (absolutely gigantic), and a standard cruiser on the other. I really like the standard for most commuting and exercise riding.

If you want to try a slimmer and more anatomical seat, Brooks makes a wide range of wonderful ones, but I personally feel they are better for the regular rider who will mold both their seat and their body through steady use. I have not tried their springer style, but they might look out of place on a modern looking bike like the CC.

Selle Royalle make a number of styles, based on different riding styles;
- athletic
- moderate
- relaxed

They also have a 30 day comfort guarantee, so you can try the saddle out.

I am a fan of the Serfas gel lines
Me, too. My wife really likes the Tailbones Cruiser seat. Amazon lists 30 models which can be overwhelming, but their liberal return policy (30 days) plus Serfas' 90 day comfort guarantee helps.

I blindly stumbled into my first "comfort" seat purchase last week, after many hours searching the internet along with advice from my local bike shop I settled on the Giant brand city connect.. it's extremely comfortable! my stock seat would cause some minor discomfort after several hours of riding but after a few all day rides including about 7 miles of off road riding yesterday with the Giant I felt absolutely nothing! Like I hadn't even been on the bike at all.

Giant seat

I am looking to swap out the seat on the Juiced CrossCurrent S2 ebike I just purchased. I am installing an SR SunTour NCX Seatpost which will help but I am looking for a better padded seat. Does anyone have any suggestions? I did try a Cloud 9 seat on my wife's ebike but I did not care for it.
There are scores, if not hundreds of posts reviewing seats and seat comfort. Otehbreaders have seen these same questions dozens of times and as a result, don't take the time to repost ad Infinitum. The search function on EBR is quite good.

Back