Suggestion Dost Drop or Biktrix Juggernaut Ultra 1000

Please suggest should I buy Dost Drop or Biktrix Juggernaut 1000. If you have better suggestions please let me know. Thanks.

It’s going to be my first ebike. I am buying two 1 for myself and 1 for my wife. we both are in 50s and would like to be active and get out more. i saw these two youtube reviews and they both look good. looking for good quality for ease of mind as I am not good at fixing things.

Very easy choice, the Biktrix is superior in every category, better motor,better top speed,better torque,better battery,unless you just feel the Drop looks better I would easily go with the Biktrix......also Biktrix Customer service is outstanding.

Very easy choice, the Biktrix is superior in every category, better motor,better top speed,better torque,better battery,unless you just feel the Drop looks better I would easily go with the Biktrix......also Biktrix Customer service is outstanding.
Thanks! Dost offer 2 years warranty. Is this something important to consider one over the other? Also Dost comes fully assembled. My personal experience on communication with both is different. Dost I have got 3 direct contacts including CEO. He called me as well. Where as Biktrix I have to leave voicemail few times to get their attention.

I hear its better to go with mid drive. I would love good power and range. Mostly will be riding in the neighborhood which is really big besides that back and forth from work. My work is about 7 mile each way. Whereas my wife will be mostly riding in the neighborhood again which is really big area. Again I really appreciate your help regarding helping me out!

The first question I generally have you've answered already " I am not good at fixing things". Many (most?) bike dealers are not interested in working on or servicing bikes they didn't sell. This means you will likely be looking to buy from a nearby dealer if at all possible, because that's where you're going to want to go to get the bike serviced.

That's the long way around to the idea that you might be best served to shop your local dealers for a bike. That will narrow your focus on what bikes might work for you.

While there, especially if they have no inventory and aren't busy, ask them about their policy regarding servicing bikes they didn't sell. You may luck out and have a dealer willing to work on something they didn't sell. Be nice if you could work something out with them.

Alternatively, there are mobile bike service companies. Velofix is a big one. If you have one available, you can have a new bike sent directly to them for assembly and service, then have it delivered to your house pretty reasonably. From there you just give them a call instead of taking it to a dealer.

Down side here is you are back on the open market, trying to figure out what will work out best for you and the wife!

That's kinda good news/bad news. Good news is you have somebody to work on anything you want (in the way of a bike). Bad news is, now you have to pick from the entire market. As many have found after months of poring over the available info, that can be/is a rather daunting task!

Now you're right back to where you were before I interrupted everything! :cool:

That's kinda good news/bad news. Good news is you have somebody to work on anything you want (in the way of a bike). Bad news is, now you have to pick from the entire market. As many have found after months of poring over the available info, that can be/is a rather daunting task!

Now you're right back to where you were before I interrupted everything! :cool:
I know :( I am leaning towards Biktrix.Attach files

I know :( I am leaning towards Biktrix.Attach files

I bought a DOST Kope over the Biktrix Juggernaut because it has better range and is not street legal in both Canada and the USA. The 1000W motor just eats through the battery like no tomorrow. I tried both bikes locally and thought the performance on the Kope was way better. just my 2 cents.

I bought a DOST Kope over the Biktrix Juggernaut because it has better range and is not street legal in both Canada and the USA. The 1000W motor just eats through the battery like no tomorrow. I tried both bikes locally and thought the performance on the Kope was way better. just my 2 cents.
That helps a lot. Really appreciate it and wish you all a great weekend!

Have you test ridden any bikes.? Can you test ride any? Even if your LBS is out of stock maybe you can find a few on Craigslist to ride and compare. Mid drives are nice but a cheap rear hub might work just fine for you. Or you might balk at the weight. Same for the relatively heavy mid drives you are considering. I love my Frey CC, but at 73 pounds I can pretty much forget about throwing it in the back of the SUV like I can my lighter eMTB. Even with a heavy duty rack I'm not sure how it would work to transport 2 heavy (60-70) pound bikes. You might be better off getting something lighter and more portable depending on intended use (which may change once you start riding more). Best not to rush into this ordering bikes online.

Back