Stuff I added to my Priority Current

Not sure what to think of these upgrade options for my Current:
premise: I'm a heavy commuter (both meanings:| 210 lbs and 18 miles each way to work)

A. decent fork ~$200
B. good suspension stem post ~200
C. decent suspension Seat post $120 (or more)

So either A+B or A+C would cost me about the same.
I would think a fork provides better suspension on a hard gravel road and similar rough paved roads (?)
Maybe I'll try the seatpost first and see if/how it improves my ride, and then decide what to do with the front of the bike.
Appreciate any suggestions.

Finally, if it helps anyone to see a picture of what I've added. Here is a full picture of my Priority Current locked up at bike rack.
Really interested in doing the Como handlebar swap as well. How are you liking it? Did it give the bike a lot more of an upright feel? Would you be able to post a picture from the side of the bike? Thanks!

Really interested in doing the Como handlebar swap as well. How are you liking it? Did it give the bike a lot more of an upright feel? Would you be able to post a picture from the side of the bike? Thanks!
I'm loving the Como handlebar. The 30-degree back sweep of the Como handlebar with the appropriate seat post height and adjustment of the Current adjustable stem should allow you to achieve a comfortable moderate to fully upright riding position. I won't be able to post a picture until next week as I'm traveling this week.

The Redshift stem ( 100mm rise) moved my handlebars up and also made the ride more comfortable, you can make it as soft or firm as you want it, it’s easier and gives you some cushion

Attachments

• 48B351C1-9ACB-487C-8BD6-532D1F1D9FAA.png
    48B351C1-9ACB-487C-8BD6-532D1F1D9FAA.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 252
Better late than never! Here is a picture of the Como handlebar on my bike from a side view.
Capture-Side-View.JPG

Finally, if it helps anyone to see a picture of what I've added. Here is a full picture of my Priority Current locked up at bike rack.
Hello,

You have added some great stuff to your bike! I was looking at the rack and noticed that the mountings arms that go to the seat stays are arced, unlike the Amazon picture. Just wonder where you got those. The seem similar to the mountings arms on the rack the Priority sells.

If I could bug you for one more detail. What wrench size is needed for the hex bolt on your seat clamp?

Thanks,

Rick

Hello,

You have added some great stuff to your bike! I was looking at the rack and noticed that the mountings arms that go to the seat stays are arced, unlike the Amazon picture. Just wonder where you got those. The seem similar to the mountings arms on the rack the Priority sells.

If I could bug you for one more detail. What wrench size is needed for the hex bolt on your seat clamp?

Thanks,

Rick

Thanks. You are very observant! You are correct. I first had the rack that Priority sells. I purchased the Ibera rack to replace the one from Priority and used the mounting arms from the one Priority sells with the Ibera rack.

4mm is what you need for the seat stay clamp.

Thanks. You are very observant! You are correct. I first had the rack that Priority sells. I purchased the Ibera rack to replace the one from Priority and used the mounting arms from the one Priority sells with the Ibera rack.

4mm is what you need for the seat stay clamp.
Thanks for the info.

I decided to go with the lighter Priority rack. I like the arced mounting arms and I don't have plans for any special attachments, just my Camelbak bungeed on. I did grab the Foldylock using Costco Next as a cafe lock. I also went with the Pinhead locks for the wheels and seat posts, a little less expensive than the Hexloc given I have to buy two of everything.

Still shopping for suspension seat post and stem. I have a Thundbuster coming from Amazon warehouse at a good discount. I thought I would try it. It is always easy to return at Amazon. My wife is pretty petite and she really needs a seat post with a 80mm minimum. There are a few options I am chasing.

Thanks everyone for your great posts! Really helped me out.

Rick

The Redshift stem ( 100mm rise) moved my handlebars up and also made the ride more comfortable, you can make it as soft or firm as you want it, it’s easier and gives you some cushion
Hi,
Can you give me more details about the size you chose etc., Will going for longer stem help. what are the dimensions I should choose for priority current

Not sure what to think of these upgrade options for my Current:
premise: I'm a heavy commuter (both meanings:| 210 lbs and 18 miles each way to work)

A. decent fork ~$200
B. good suspension stem post ~200
C. decent suspension Seat post $120 (or more)

So either A+B or A+C would cost me about the same.
I would think a fork provides better suspension on a hard gravel road and similar rough paved roads (?)
Maybe I'll try the seatpost first and see if/how it improves my ride, and then decide what to do with the front of the bike.
Appreciate any suggestions.

I would think the fork would be a better option, but have never tried the stem posts. Did you do this?

quoting for attention. There are different widths available. Which one should I choose?

Back