Stuff I added to my Priority Current

etiej

Region
USA
I am pretty happy with the Current. I kind of wish there was a bit of shock absorbing in the seat. That said, I wanted to find out what sorts of things others have added to their Current. My list:

1) Topeak TC2262B Aero Wedge Pack with Strap Mount, Large, from Amazon
2) 174HUDSON Silicone Phone Holder, from Priority
3) Bicycle Mirror, from Priority
4) Foldylock, from Priority
5) Set-Your-Own Combination Lock, from Priority
6) 174HUDSON Multi-Tool, from Priority
6) Set-Your-Own Combination Lock, from Priority
7) Polar insulated water bottle from Amazon
8) Fanttik X8 Tire Inflator, 150PSI Cordless Handheld Air Compressor, from Amazon, which fits well in the Topeak bag, and has enough power to top off my car tires too.
9) Park Tool VP-1 Vulcanizing Patch Kit, from Amazon
10) Pearl iZUMi Attack Bike Gloves, from REI
11) Polarized Suncloud Portal Polarized Sunglasses, from REI
12) Water Bottle Cage, from Priority
13) Bontrager Starvos WaveCel Cycling Helmet, from Holland Bicycles
14) Over priced insurance from AllState.

Also order Tannus inserts and would like to order a Thudbuster seat post but my credit card needs a break.

I am pretty happy with the Current. I kind of wish there was a bit of shock absorbing in the seat. That said, I wanted to find out what sorts of things others have added to their Current. My list:

1) Topeak TC2262B Aero Wedge Pack with Strap Mount, Large, from Amazon
2) 174HUDSON Silicone Phone Holder, from Priority
4) Foldylock, from Priority
5) Set-Your-Own Combination Lock, from Priority
6) 174HUDSON Multi-Tool, from Priority
6) Set-Your-Own Combination Lock, from Priority
7) Polar insulated water bottle from Amazon
8) Fanttik X8 Tire Inflator, 150PSI Cordless Handheld Air Compressor, from Amazon, which fits well in the Topeak bag, and has enough power to top off my car tires too.
9) Park Tool VP-1 Vulcanizing Patch Kit, from Amazon
10) Pearl iZUMi Attack Bike Gloves, from REI
11) Polarized Suncloud Portal Polarized Sunglasses, from REI
12) Water Bottle Cage, from Priority
13) Bontrager Starvos WaveCel Cycling Helmet, from Holland Bicycles
14) Over priced insurance from AllState.

Also order Tannus inserts and would like to order a Thudbuster seat post but my credit card needs a break.

You should look into a suspension seat post. I have the redshift suspension seatpost and very happy with it.

I've been meaning to do this for myself, but was afraid to see how much I've spent. Your post encouraged me to make the list.

I don't skimp on things that adds to safety or comfort. Added to my Current are the following:

1. Mirrcycle Mirror
2. Bell
3. Horn/Alarm
4. Top tube bag - I modified it so the side zippers can't open and added metal ring to top zipper to be able to lock the bag and my helmet around the stem.
5. Leather Saddle
6. Redshift Suspension Seatpost
7. TIGr bike lock
8. Bike rack
9. Tube & Tire Sealant (In rear tire only. It's taken care of two rear tire flats in 2400 miles)
10. Ibera trunk bag
11. Water bottle cage
12. Replaced handlebar with Specialized Como, alloy, 30-degree backsweep, 26mm rise, 680mm width, 31.8mm handlebar (see Como bike and specs)
13. Bar Ends (Installed on the inside of the Como Handlebars to work sort of like SQLabs Inner bar ends seen here)
14. Non-quick release seatpost clamp
15. Grips added to Bar Ends
16. Replace front QR axle with Robert Axle Project Security (i.e. Hexlox) Thru Axle (15mm x 125mm x 1.5 Thread) - see Robert Axle Project
17. Turn Signals (front and rear)
18. Daytime light
19. Radar Tail Light
20. Outfront Bike Phone Mount - works with Peak Design phone case, which I also have
21. Anker 5000mAh Power Bank - I made it fit on the rear of my bike rack. It charges the rear turn signal
22. Bike Helmet
23. Helmet Lock
24. Two Air Tag with speaker disabled (one hidden)
25. Weight Lifting Gloves - these are very comfy for riding also!

I'm sure I might have forgotten something.

You should look into a suspension seat post. I have the redshift suspension seatpost and very happy with it.

I've been meaning to do this for myself, but was afraid to see how much I've spent. Your post encouraged me to make the list.

I don't skimp on things that adds to safety or comfort. Added to my Current are the following:

1. Mirrcycle Mirror
2. Bell
3. Horn/Alarm
4. Top tube bag - I modified it so the side zippers can't open and added metal ring to top zipper to be able to lock the bag and my helmet around the stem.
5. Leather Saddle
7. TIGr bike lock
8. Bike rack
9. Tube & Tire Sealant (In rear tire only. It's taken care of two rear tire flats in 2400 miles)
10. Ibera trunk bag
11. Water bottle cage
12. Replaced handlebar with Specialized Como, alloy, 30-degree backsweep, 26mm rise, 680mm width, 31.8mm handlebar (see Como bike and specs)
13. Bar Ends (Installed on the inside of the Como Handlebars to work sort of like SQLabs Inner bar ends seen here)
16. Replace front QR axle with Robert Axle Project Security (i.e. Hexlox) Thru Axle (15mm x 125mm x 1.5 Thread) - see Robert Axle Project
18. Daytime light
19. Radar Tail Light
20. Outfront Bike Phone Mount - works with Peak Design phone case, which I also have
21. Anker 5000mAh Power Bank - I made it fit on the rear of my bike rack. It charges the rear turn signal
22. Bike Helmet
23. Helmet Lock

Recalling more stuff I had purchased for my Current.
26. Gates Belt Tension Gauge - Much easier to use than phone app and strumming belt by hand to check belt tension
27. Torque Wrench Set
28. Buplabs Saddle Mount for Garmin Varia Radar Tail Light (see https://buplabs.com/collections/bike-mounts)

Last edited:

Attachments

• My-Priority-Current-Locked-At-Bike-Rack.JPG
    My-Priority-Current-Locked-At-Bike-Rack.JPG
    238.8 KB · Views: 851

I had been in the habit of traveling with either a small backpack or utility belt to carry my stuff. I followed my friends lead last week (she followed mine last month and bought a Current herself) and purchased a Topeak rack from an LBS. I had been gifted one of their MTX rigid bags last year which slides and snaps nicely onto their rack. I'm happy with the combination which together runs around $110-$120.00. (I only paid for the rack which was about $58 with tax locally). In any case, it easily beats the backpack-utility belt schlep for riding purposes.

I'm curious about the Priority bike mirror. I didn't think Priority offered one for the Current. I use a Hafny bar end mirror, which is great for visibility, but as I learned the hard way, extends the handlebar width too much for tight spaces.
The one accessory of sorts I'd like to lose is the light that came with the Current. It doesn't stay affixed to the handlebar tightly, and as far as I can tell is wired into the frame. I frequently have to fiddle with it so it points correctly.

I bought the mirror from Priority and mounted it next to my grip. It works fine for me but I do something bang into doorways. My light has never moved, not even when I fell over when trying to 'launch' at a light :), but I do believe the light is not removable.

I bought the mirror from Priority and mounted it next to my grip. It works fine for me but I do something bang into doorways. My light has never moved, not even when I fell over when trying to 'launch' at a light :), but I do believe the light is not removable.
Yup. I ride on hard pack dirt and gravel frequently, which is a bit more rough riding than the Current was built for. I've resisted suspension add-ons though. I've never ridden a bike with suspension posts of any kind, and afraid my hardened hide would be spoiled going forward. :)

Recalling more stuff I had purchased for my Current.
26. Gates Belt Tension Gauge - Much easier to use than phone app and strumming belt by hand to check belt tension
27. Torque Wrench Set
28. Buplabs Saddle Mount for Garmin Varia Radar Tail Light (see https://buplabs.com/collections/bike-mounts)

1. Mirrcycle Mirror
2. Bell
3. Horn/Alarm
5. Leather Saddle
7. TIGr bike lock
8. Bike rack
10. Ibera trunk bag
11. Water bottle cage
18. Daytime light
19. Radar Tail Light
22. Bike Helmet
23. Helmet Lock

What Robert’s part number did you use when you replaced your axle? It looks like Part LIG507 (M15x1.5x125mm), or maybe LIG516 (M14x1.5x127mm)?

Hi, I'm looking into a suspension fork (too much packed gravel and bumpy road on my commute). Does anyone have a recommendation, and most of all, size information? Thanks

What Robert’s part number did you use when you replaced your axle? It looks like Part LIG507 (M15x1.5x125mm), or maybe LIG516 (M14x1.5x127mm)?
Bingo! It was the LIG507. So far very happy with it. Not sure if the best way to describe it, but what I can say is that it made the front tire tracking feel tighter and more sure footed compared to the quick release.

Hi, I'm looking into a suspension fork (too much packed gravel and bumpy road on my commute). Does anyone have a recommendation, and most of all, size information? Thanks
I don't have one yet, but a suspension stem might be cheaper and simpler way to get some more comfort riding on bumpy roads.

I had been in the habit of traveling with either a small backpack or utility belt to carry my stuff. I followed my friends lead last week (she followed mine last month and bought a Current herself) and purchased a Topeak rack from an LBS. I had been gifted one of their MTX rigid bags last year which slides and snaps nicely onto their rack. I'm happy with the combination which together runs around $110-$120.00. (I only paid for the rack which was about $58 with tax locally). In any case, it easily beats the backpack-utility belt schlep for riding purposes.

I'm curious about the Priority bike mirror. I didn't think Priority offered one for the Current. I use a Hafny bar end mirror, which is great for visibility, but as I learned the hard way, extends the handlebar width too much for tight spaces.
The one accessory of sorts I'd like to lose is the light that came with the Current. It doesn't stay affixed to the handlebar tightly, and as far as I can tell is wired into the frame. I frequently have to fiddle with it so it points correctly.
I agree with you on bar end mirrors tend to extend the handlebar width too much for tight spaces, but the extension does give a great rear/side view. Having a mirror on a bike is a must for me since I was not born with eyes on the back of my head. There are lots of options on review sites as to what is the best. I looked at several local bike shops and one of them offered the Serfas MR-4 Handle Bar Mirror Glass Lens $33. More than what I wanted to spend, since most mirrors sell for around $15-20. But I bought it and like the clear optics, the easy of adjustment (5mm), and it keeps its position. I had to move things on the handle bar over to get it to fit next to the left hand grip. My Priority grip seemed to require cutting/drilling to get a bar end mirror to fit so I went with the Serfas Handle Bar Mirror.

Attachments

• F842DBAE-7F00-4227-A454-D044087497B7.png
    F842DBAE-7F00-4227-A454-D044087497B7.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 287
I now tuck my Hafny bar end mirror under the handlebar, and the rear visibility is just as good. I'm thinking of adding one on the right side as well, but I haven't convinced my self it's necessary, or even a good idea. My bike came with easily removable caps at the end. My friends Current however, which she purchased in the Spring, required cutting the grip to install a mirror.

Neither one of us are happy with the way the front light is mounted on the handlebar. We tend to ride on unpaved roads here in Vermont, and need to regularly fiddle with the light to keep it aimed straight.

Incidentally, my rear tail light has never worked. In fact, I assumed it was just a reflector until her bike arrived. It's not a huge deal, as I simply attached one to the seat post.
upgrades.jpg

I did not know about Hafny Bike mirrors—they make a very nice and wide selection. Plus the price is around $20. I like the rectangle shape with the wide view, like an auto side/rear mirror. I noticed my Priority light does not have a strong connecting strap to the handlebar—I can see how it could develop into a “fiddle”. I may try to shim mine—have you had any luck with a shim? Thanks for the picture of your Current. I, also, have added a Topeak rack and bag—in doing this I blocked my Priority rear reflector mounted on the seat post. So, I swapped a rear reflector from another bike which I could mount on the end of my rack. My tail light lights.

I did not know about Hafny Bike mirrors—they make a very nice and wide selection. Plus the price is around $20. I like the rectangle shape with the wide view, like an auto side/rear mirror. I noticed my Priority light does not have a strong connecting strap to the handlebar—I can see how it could develop into a “fiddle”. I may try to shim mine—have you had any luck with a shim? Thanks for the picture of your Current. I, also, have added a Topeak rack and bag—in doing this I blocked my Priority rear reflector mounted on the seat post. So, I swapped a rear reflector from another bike which I could mount on the end of my rack. My tail light lights.
There is a shim of sorts inside the bracket that holds the light. I know that for sure, since it's beginning to come apart. (It's visible on the picture if you look at the handlebar light closely). I've used some black electrical tape to help keep the light secured with some improvement, and the tape is fairly inconspicuous without close inspection. In any case, the front light business ranks as just a minor annoyance, but I would happily remove the light altogether if I could, and replace it with something aftermarket.
BTW, the light on my seat post, that's blocked by the bag, is one I purchased on Amazon. Those lights are cheap enough to replace if they break or fall off.

Also, I hadn't noticed the mirror that Priority sells for the Current before (or it's relatively new). It looks like a good fit for the Current, as it doesn't reach too far beyond the handlebar, and can be angled far enough away from the rider to be useful. I also noted that Priority's mirror is left side only which underscores my own notion that a right side mirror might be overkill (if not an outright distraction from the road ahead). If anyone has a different opinion about this, I'd like to hear that perspective.

Last edited:
I have that mirror and like it pretty well. I also have the electric bell/horn. It is pretty loud but walkers tend not to pay attention to it. Perhaps because the sound is not a normal bell sound or possibly because so many folks are wearing ear buds.

EDIT: seatpost for the Current is 31.6 (I found it on Priority website, where they sell the suspension seat post from Thudbuster)

Last edited:
EDIT: seatpost for the Current is 31.6 (I found it on Priority website, where they sell the suspension seat post from Thudbuster)
31.6mm is the the size you need.

I have the Redshift Suspension Seatpost, which I am happy with. It comes in 27.2mm diameter, so you would also need to order it with the 27.2 to 31.6mm seatpost shim.

Others to check out would are the Cane Creek eeSilk+ or the one from Kinekt. There are others for less money. The three I've mentioned here expensive but seem to all get good reviews. If you could wait for black friday sales, you might be able to get a decent (~ 20%) discount on the current prices, which is what I did when I first bought mine.

Just as a note from my priority current if you have a medium bike the red shift suspension post adds 3” to minimum seat height, 36” from the ground, lowest of any others

Back