Stromer still viable in the USA?

Sadly, I have to tell you that you were wrong informed.

The ST2s is the fastest accelerating (street legal) Stromer ever. The reasons for the existing performance are:
  • Superfast Shimano Di2 shifting
  • High capacity 983Wh battery
  • Only 26" wheel diameter
Both ST2 and ST2s came with flexible carbon fork, the ST1x has a rigid aluminium fork and lower level of gear shifting equipment. Therefore, the ranking is clear: ST2s - ST2 - ST1x (ST5 / ST3 are here out of scope). On the ST2s, it was easy for me to leave all competitors and also the cars behind me. Only the motorcycles were able to beat the ST2s. Not surprising, such power has its price.
I tried the St1x only , had it on sport mode at 43% bat. Left With the 814wh pack.
in NYC traffic I had to put some work to go fast from low speeds to 15-20 then hard brake and go fast again. It had the 52 ring in front. It is also 65-70lb.
DO a test ride on a Nitro City On 5th level and i’m Pretty sure you’ll agree that it is faster then even the St2s. The guy from the shop (NYCE wheels, you can see the video review on their channel ) who knows this bikes and test them also agreed. It helps that my bike has 55-57lb weight, 800 watt peak motor and 48tooth in front.
I tested them on a long 5% incline and in the ST1X. I always had to put some work. The Nitro No, it just flies on 4th and 5th level.
Deore Xt is right there with Di2 . I can get it to 45-47lb if I put carbon fork , lighter front 26’ wheel , is guaranteed to beat even the St5 in top speed, acceleration maybe Range too not b/c I will have 600wh on 45-47lb vs 983wh on a 72lb weight. I can reach right now 30-31moh top speed in level 5 on flat smooth road and I have 700x51c tires- Specialized Electrak 2.0 , before with the 35c tires it was a bullet bike, is not for everyone , need good skills if going fast. I’d like to try the St2s/St3/St5 but like I said based on their weight and motor wattage , gearing, they will be behind. I’m open for testing in N.J./Ny area ?

Please, sarcasm and name calling just make sharing a bust. Come on. Best policy if feeling trolled is to not feed!

BTW he may be gone and we’re wasting band width.

Last edited:
The main thing I like about the Stromer bikes are their silent running. Geared motors always gives some motor noise. I just saw some YouTube videos of the Easy Motion Nitro City (since it is mentioned in earlier posts in this tread) and it is definitely noisy. Not very, but still produce noise. My first ebike had a geared rear hub motor and after a while I got fed up with the noise. That was the main reason for me to get the Stromer with its silent direct drive motor.

Coming back to the topic:

In all the years since myStromer AG exists, each business year was ending with a loss. But, as sometimes mentioned before, not in 2018: Now we have the official statement (in German only) that the last year ended with a (not specified) profit:

1548275185559.png

Coming back to the topic:

In all the years since myStromer AG exists, each business year was ending with a loss. But, as sometimes mentioned before, not in 2018: Now we have the official statement (in German only) that the last year ended with a (not specified) profit:

View attachment 29199

During an interview with Thomas Binggeli, he looked around and considered anyone not on a Stromer a potential customer. I agree. The USA has 350 million people, I’m guessing 90% don’t even know what a Ebike is. A lady stopped me today in our little golf community and said “ nice bike, I’ve got a pedego and just love it”. That was a first for me. The potential is staggering, Stromer is as good as it gets......... exciting times!

The main thing I like about the Stromer bikes are their silent running. Geared motors always gives some motor noise. I just saw some YouTube videos of the Easy Motion Nitro City (since it is mentioned in earlier posts in this tread) and it is definitely noisy. Not very, but still produce noise. My first ebike had a geared rear hub motor and after a while I got fed up with the noise. That was the main reason for me to get the Stromer with its silent direct drive motor.
There aren’t any vids of the 2018/2019 Nitro city anywhere. But i can make one with mine’s if you like.
You were watching the 2016/2017 EBR review of the older model Nitro on youtube or maybe other reviewer of the older version.
I have a beautiful sound coming from the hub motor , my Beethoven symphony for a sweet commute .
Tons of upgrades from the old model including the extremely high end Deore xt full groupset , 21700 cells and many other tweaks. My 600wh batt. Is only 750$, the 983wh Stromer’s is 2grand. Same 21700 high capacity cells.
There’s a reason why this BH company been in business for 100+ years... i do like the St5 and St2S ONLY but again those are not as agile and easy to corner very fast as my Nitro. Ideally on a long open pothole free winding road i would ride an St2S and for city traffic and fast pothole heavy commute i would ride the Nitro.

the extremely high end Deore xt full groupset , 21700 cells and many other tweaks. My 600wh batt. Is only 750$, the 983wh Stromer’s is 2grand. Same 21700 high capacity cells.

You're slightly misinformed. While the BH Nitro City is a very good bike, some of the info you mentioned are incorrect.
The 48V, 12.5Ah battery on the Nitro uses 18650 cells. Only the ATOM-X bikes with 700whr capacity use the 21700 cells.

Shimano Deore XT used on the Nitro is not the super high end. If you look at your bike carefully, it doesn't use the shadow-plus clutch system. It's the old version of the XT without the shadow plus clutch. Among the hierarchy of Shimano components, there are many that are above the XT. For example, XT 8000M, Shimano Saints, Shimano Zee and Shimano XTR and Shimano XTR- Di2.

So the the XT used on the BH nitro is actually at the bottom of the highe end group sets.

Check this out: http://hub.chainreactioncycles.com/...no-mountain-bike-groupsets-from-deore-to-xtr/

Also, the whole drive-train is not XT! just the derailleur. The cranks are Deore, bottom bracket is Deore Octalink. How do I know this? I owned one of these 2 years ago.

Stromer ST2-S 983whr battery also comes with 3yr warranty and perhaps one of the most energy dense batteries on par with BH's ATOM series 700whr ones. They weigh 4.8kg for 983whr.

Anyway, BH Nitro is a very good bike but it is not super high end by any means. The wheels are not tubeless ready, there is no powerful lighting system, where as the M99 Pro on the ST2-S costs $550.

Enjoy your bike and your commute.

Back