Stromer still viable in the USA?

MikeST2

Stromer USA is very quiet lately, or is it me. Was working with Mike Lohmann | Service Manager, USA and Canada in troubleshooting the 2 ST2's I purchased this summer. I was able to get one bike back to factory with a new power cable and Omni, and started on the other when I received this auto response to my email:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Stromer. During the week of July 30th - August 3rd, Stromer USA will relocating it’s offices and warehouse. During this time, we will have limited to no availability, and all shipping and other operations will be on hold.

We will be periodically checking messages, but please note that any response may be delayed up to a week. Our offices and other operations will be back up and running starting on August 6th.

Thank you and have a great day.

Since this email I have emailed 4 times and have had no response. Has anyone else had the same issues?
Mike

I've been working with Mike on diagnosing my ST1, and he mentioned that they're a bit understaffed or something, so expect delays. He did ship out parts quickly (unfortunately they didn't fix the issue), at least.
Their voicemail also pretty much says don't expect a response in a timely manner.
They are helpful when they get around to you, it seems, but response may be delayed.

Last edited:
I agree, extremely dedicated when Mike starts troubleshooting, in fact I did receive an email today from Mike with advice on getting my second ST2 working after an extended quiet period. Good luck with your ST1. Awesome bikes when they work.

Their service manager Joel has left recently, got to be a hit in the service dept before they were moving i would think...

Joel was an asset for Stromer for sure, as he was instrumental in troubleshooting my stuttering motor and getting my power cables to me for both my ST2's. I was wondering what had happened.

Got a note from Michael this week...he is flat out and working with reduced staffing. I know that he is trying his very best to accommodate our problems, whatever they may be. Hopefully, some additional help is on the way for him and Stromer USA. Their support is key for a great product.

No doubt, Mike has done right by me! Got me back on the road. May have gotten my other bike back in shape with an update and a suggested torque setting. We shall see. No power cutouts on this evenings ride with my wife's bike. I hope he finds some good techs.

Why don’t you be specific about problems on this forum? I’ve solved most my minor problems that way. And/or contact dealer you bought bike from. That’s the more important duty of a dealer. If they don’t know, call around other dealers- I think a few of them really know thier stuff, and then maybe you will buy your next bike from them. As for Stromer, if they schooled their dealers properly, they would not need much of a technical staff at Stromer USA.

I have been unsuccessful trying to reach Stromer regarding failing power assist problems with my three year old ST2. My last response was over three weeks ago and just said to reset the TMM settings which I had already tried many times. I have emailed several times since then with no response. The LBS where I purchased the bike is no longer a Stromer dealer and didn't offer any help. I have called all the other dealers in Minnesota listed on the Stromer website, all said that they are either no longer dealers or aren't able to service them. I imagine I may need a new motor cable or torque sensor, but am at a loss at this point as to what to do.

I would p.m. Ravi and/or contact( in no particular order ) nycewheels, propel, the new wheel, or scooteretti. These guys(and probably more) have shown to have knowledge and care about Stromer and customers.
Odds are you will find help from these guys.
I always thought Stromer could be the number 1 brand in USA, but they need better employees here- I guess. “Mike” couldn’t give you his cell number? Nobody in Switzerland speaks English and can figure out how to have calls go there? Somewhere I read a Q&A with new ceo and it sounded so promising........... But with minor fixes needed to keep your bikes going and being ignored- I don’t get it. Worlds biggest market, ripe for the taking, and nobody stepping up?
Good luck and keep us posted. I’ve owned st1, st2, and st2s and they have been mostly bulletproof, so once you get them fixed- you will likely enjoy same.

I have been unsuccessful trying to reach Stromer regarding failing power assist problems with my three year old ST2. My last response was over three weeks ago and just said to reset the TMM settings which I had already tried many times. I have emailed several times since then with no response. The LBS where I purchased the bike is no longer a Stromer dealer and didn't offer any help. I have called all the other dealers in Minnesota listed on the Stromer website, all said that they are either no longer dealers or aren't able to service them. I imagine I may need a new motor cable or torque sensor, but am at a loss at this point as to what to do.

Perhaps a long shot, but at least in my area, REI sells Stromers. If you have an REI near you, try stopping by their bike service desk.

disclaimer,I work at Crazy lenny's ebikes....If you are in Minnesota, call Crazy Lenny's ebikes in Madison. If we can't help you on the phone, you are within driving distance. We will fix your bike. We just received the new ST5 and sell and work on stromers daily. Stromer is an excellent bike and we are planning on carrying the brand well into the future.

There ya go. If crazy Lenny’s say they will fix it- they will.

Stromer USA is NOT the Stromer company. They are the master distributor for U.S. market. But, being the largest market in the world, I would think Stromer would monitor their master dealer more closely and not let phone calls go unreturned for weeks at a time.
. Now and then, I later learn I am so wrong sometimes, I wish I never would have bothered.........

Recent email from Mike Lohmann with help on my two ST2s losing power assist. Turns out one of the bikes was improperly torqued at the rear hub. The factory torque is now set and of course the bike is working better.

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delayed response. What we'll want to do is first test Boost Mode of the bike. Left the back wheel off the ground, I usually prop it up on the kickstand, and hold down the plus button to engage boost. Give the wheel a little kick to get it rolling and see if boost engages.

Next, follow the steps on the attached document to access the service menu. From there, select Settings, and Run SIT. Go through the tests, and once finished, in the service menu, go to Error List. Not down all the errors, and get back to me with the results of all.

Thank You,

Mike Lohmann | Service Manager, USA and Canada

disclaimer,I work at Crazy lenny's ebikes....If you are in Minnesota, call Crazy Lenny's ebikes in Madison. If we can't help you on the phone, you are within driving distance. We will fix your bike. We just received the new ST5 and sell and work on stromers daily. Stromer is an excellent bike and we are planning on carrying the brand well into the future.

But if you can't fix it over the phone and you're not in driving distance, Lenny's will say "contact Stromer" and that's that. Not much "service" or "warranty" offered, in my experience.

Yes not much help from Stromer through warranty work. I have to pay for all adjustments, repair work and frustration for such an expensive bike. However, the benefit and pleasure outweigh my frustrations for working with such a complex bike. For one the exercise has been beneficial, looking at about a 6 pound weight loss to date, plus I feel good. Don't listen to those who say an eclectic bike is cheating for my heart monitor tells me different. I am making progress with getting my 2 ST2s working as they were conceived and that is truly were these bikes surpass other bipeds. You must be a bit of a mechanic, electrician and software guru to get it running right.

I believe it is the same for other bikes, get warranty parts ats authorized shops but pay for labor if you did not purchase at their shop. I purchased a couple bikes at Lenny's got great deals. local shops were list price. My Stromer's have not been great for reliability , spent way too much time in the shop and too much on warranty work BUT still saved a boat load compered to buying here and getting serviced here with all the problems.

I knew what i was in for when not buying at the local dealer, Lenny's is much better than most on support , dont know what else you would expect from them as far as repairs go. I love my ebikes just not quite enough to pay to move so a great dealer is next door.

Wow, it sounds like Lenny's is still the best bet for price + service then!
I have had them follow-up and offer help, beyond what Stromer has offered, so Lenny's is coming through - happy to report.

Back