Stromer ST2020 concept bike - Gates belt drive and 5 speed integrated gearbox

Stromer is among the few brands to make bikes with 26" wheels and I wish others would follow suit

Maybe, in the US are some salesout running, but Stromer has no more 26" in the offer.

For sure, in the narrow European city traffic, the 26" ST2s is superior to the 27½" ST5. This is mostly because of the smaller handlebar and the smaller turning circle.

If there is one thing, well, really two things. I would like to see different frame sizes, one size really doesn't fit all. In addition to that, please an option other than 27.5 wheels. There are no studded street tyres in that size. This is an issue to year-round commuters, and this looks like a great commuter bike.

a) please review the attachment I've published earlier.

b) how about this?

1598172420253.png

Maybe, in the US are some salesout running, but Stromer has no more 26" in the offer.

For sure, in the narrow European city traffic, the 26" ST2s is superior to the 27½" ST5. This is mostly because of the smaller handlebar and the smaller turning circle.

a) please review the attachment I've published earlier.

b) how about this?

a) do you mean the Concept Bike pres release? Yes, I read it

b) Did you notice that the tyre you found is a knobby and not particularly suited to street use?

On a different note, who makes the tension idler they are using?

Last edited:
A LOT better then the older St5. The engineers/desiginers were brave but not brave enough... carbon/ti frame , 2kw motor for off road, 21700cells , a bigger and easier to read COLOR touchscreen display ?

This one i actually like but would not buy it unless it comes with a 2nd St5 as replacement in case the original one breaks down AND mandatory reimbursement for all costs and my time associated with repairing it .

Actually a bank escrow made upon purchasing it , in the amount of 5k $ in funds for repairs, just in the very likely case of breaking it down , would make me brave enough to buy the new St5. I'm serious .

I LIKE the cleaner design, the Lack of that fugly front Usb , the rear torque sensor integration is beautiful.
And with the new normal stem it should be issues free as far as the stem. The kickstand should be in the rear though. Maybe it could be changed ?

Does the battery have the 21700cells ?? That should give it a higher capacity, maybe 1200wh.

Now make one especially for the US with 33mph maybe 35mph top speed. Many SUV drivers here are very upset having to overtake @33-34mph a 28mph ebike in a 25mph speed limit zone. Yes it depends in where you ride and what state, but the faster an ebike is (with limitations ,33-35mph imo) the safer is the rider and the ebike.

And in the SUV vs ST5 or any speed pedelecs there is only one winner. The car. This is on normal roads , city roads not highway or fast zones. And as for riding in the bike lanes here...that is a big very dangerous mess.

Last edited:
Test drive on this model.

Je me remerci pour cette présentation.

Oubliez le bruit du vent mais regardez l'accélération. Pour présenter la puissance exceptionnel du Stromer, lui commence dans le 5ieme vitesse. Malheureusement, il a oublier le klaxon (quelle est nouveau est plus fort).

(J'ai une autre suggestion: Utilisez le freinage du moteur, c'est magnifique)

Down at the bottom bracket, where the most people never had a closer look, comes the latest redesign of the new ST2.

The horn is no longer more or less covered outside the frame:

MB2_3194.jpg

Why is that video marked for kids? Consequently it can't be saved to be watched later.

A LOT better then the older St5.

It is the opposite. ST5 has an XTR Di2 which shifts extremely crisp.

I don't like this design at all. You are making an already heavy wheel even heavier. If the motor would also benefit from that gearing it would have been a different story but it doesn't seem to be the case. It is just a cheap, $100 SA 5 speed, limited range igh placed inside the hub for the rider input only.

There are better solutions out there and I don't know why Stromer is insisting on this approach.

The attached "New Stromer ST2 Overview" compares the LE launch edition with the standard ST2. This time, the blue color is also available with the standard ST2.

The Tech Sheet gives the list of specifications. For this model, the comfort handlebar and stem setting is the basic equipment.

Attachments

• New Stromer ST2 Overview.pdf
    450.2 KB · Views: 544
  • New Stromer ST2 Tech Sheet.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 468
Back