Stromer ST2 Suspension Shocks

The available unit is the Suntour w/Stromer branding on it, the Fox version is not available that I know of in the US . I have the Suntour version. Works fine for me. The Fox is supposed to an improvement but I wanted to stay completely covered for warranty issues.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. That's helpful. I'll talk to my local Stromer bike shop as well.

Just buy a 26" SR Suntour Epixon front suspension fork. It's ~$200. Installation labor shouldn't be any more than $50. Stromer sells a version of it for ~$800, and I believe the only benefit is that it comes with a matching front mudguard/fender.

Would love to hear how they work out. I am planning to ride on some dirt roads/packed trails as well!

isn't the front fork on the stromer st2 made out of carbon fiber? I'm not a fan of the rigidness of the bike especially on bumpy roads. Chicago's street suck! I'm lucky to have the bodyfloat seatpost suspension but I still need more...

On my st2 the red thing is a cover for the air shock? And why 1 Fox and 1 Stromer? Curious...

Thanks for the speedy reply. It looks pretty cool. Let me know how it rides and if you end up finding a solution with the fender. I imagine you could get the fender to work with some fabricating.

I think I remember hearing somewhere that the gloss black was specifically made for the white ST2 to play off the black contrasting accents on the frame. As a designer I feel comfortable saying it sounds like designer BS.

Wow, sounds awesome~ I will have to do further research on improving my ST2 ride comfort, living in Chicago the streets are not the best. I have the bodyfloat seat post suspension but I still need better ride quality, I still need to do better research though, eighter the stromer shock vs the F32, I think theres a different shock option that is less expensive. Can't think of its name, oh wait found it, its a Suntour listed on amazon for $189.99 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WJK7TE...TF8&colid=2FDYLXCLK92TX&coliid=I34A4MX5VZ5C1N Personally I would stick witht the Stromer brand just to keep things in order, but ultimately the price will be the ultimate factor.

I ended up buying a Stromer black suspension fork for my black ST2. They don't offer white shocks for the ST2, according to my local dealer, so I had a white Fox F32 installed on my wife's ST2. I went down to the shop yesterday to pick up my bike, but it turns out it wasn't ready. I took some photos instead.

Both bikes will be ready tomorrow. The Stromer shock was US$550 installed out the door. The Fox F32 was around $700. Both have lockouts on the top of the shocks, no remote lockouts. Rebound adjustment knobs are at the bottom of the shocks. You can see the red rebound knob at the bottom of the Stromer shock. Both front tires are now equipped with quick releases. The Fox F32s weigh about a pound less than the Stromer shocks.

I will ride both bikes over some local fire roads, and possibly a single track, and post the comparison later. I doubt either shock will be stressed. If the less expensive Stromer shock came in white, my wife would certainly never know the difference. I'd say she is now over mounted.

View attachment 10502 View attachment 10505 View attachment 10508 View attachment 10511 View attachment 10514 View attachment 10517
That Fox shock is awesome. Good choice!

Hello all! I just bought an ST2 and am enjoying it immensely. I typically ride street and dirt roads. The street ride is smooth with the standard fork, but I'm finding the ST2 pretty harsh on unimproved county roads. I've always ridden mountain bikes with front suspension before the Stromer. I have a Body Float installed, but it isn't enough. I'm going to add a front shock and I'd like to hear opinions from ST2 riders on the Stromer shock and other brands like Fox and RockShox. I searched for a discussion on shocks but couldn't find much. Thanks!
before you do that make sure the body float is tuned properly for your weight and height. I bought my at Lenny's and had them tune it for me ...big difference

Wow $550 for a Stromer shock? Ouch! Not a cheap investment, how does the Stromer ride now? Would LOVE to know, I've been debating a front suspension shock for my ST2 but at those prices of $500+ and up its hard for me to justify such an expense... :(

I have the Stromer shock and body float on my ST2 S and solved all of my suspension concerns. My roads have frequent potholes and cracking which are a beast to handle without the suspension. The bike handles like a dream.

I have the Stromer shock and body float on my ST2 S and solved all of my suspension concerns. My roads have frequent potholes and cracking which are a beast to handle without the suspension. The bike handles like a dream.

Any brand fork will work providing you use these dimensions- 1 1/8" tapered(to 1 1/2)steerer, 100mm(max)travel, 15mm axle, 26" wheel. If steerer tube has been cut(new take-off), make SURE it is long enough for your head-tube.
I have stromer branded suntour radions on my st1 and rock shox rebas on my st2. Both work great, never a issue.
Ebay or your LBS are good places to look. The 26" wheel is an orphan and prices are down. A buyers market!

I agree there are many options out there, the Epixion fork is much less expensive, but I opted for the complete package with the fender. My decisive factor was that no aftermarket fender matched the fender provided with the Stromer product. Is there another good fender option out there?

For rough urban streets, is the front shock really necessary or would something like a suspension stem work just as well? Does the shock keep the bike under tighter control than a stem? I've never used either and I've never had a bike (ST2) this heavy before. The stem seems like a mod I could do myself at home with the right tools, I'm not confident enough to take on a fork replacement. I'm likely going to have some down time with my bike to fiddle with it while I wait for the battery to be delivered.

Thanks.

Any brand fork will work providing you use these dimensions- 1 1/8" tapered(to 1 1/2)steerer, 100mm(max)travel, 15mm axle, 26" wheel. If steerer tube has been cut(new take-off), make SURE it is long enough for your head-tube.
I have stromer branded suntour radions on my st1 and rock shox rebas on my st2. Both work great, never a issue.
Ebay or your LBS are good places to look. The 26" wheel is an orphan and prices are down. A buyers market!
I took a quick look online and it seems like most of the forks with those specs are about $300+. I'd have to check with my LBS to see if they would even install a part I bought elsewhere. I'm not competent enough to do a safety-critical job like that on my brand new bike. Then I still wouldn't have a front fender and we are headed into the rainy season here. I might just have to pucker up and take the $$$ hit on the ST2-branded package from the only Stromer dealer in town.

Back