STROMER ST1 Limited Edition Saves >$2,000/year

How many years until you see a return on investment for your E-Bike?

• Total voters

midwatcha

My STROMER ST1 LIMITED EDITION that I got exactly 1 year & 3000 miles ago. @$3/gallon for gas & average of 25 MPG...that's a gas savings of ~$360/year or a dollar a day.

Look @ it this way too, for the 188 days I rode my bike to work last year, I saved 188 hrs. A typical work-week is 40 hrs. Considering 188/40 = ~5....I created almost 5 work-weeks of vacation time, instead of commuting by car & going to the gym.

Assume you earn $10/hr. Considering this bike saves me 1hr each day I commute to work by bike instead of car (no need to drive 1hr/day and spend 1hr/day in the gym) I'm saving an additional $10/day. I commute by bike in same amount of time it takes to drive...believe it or not (16 miles total/ day). The key here, is being able to easily exceed 20+ MPH & go up to 28 MPH if I want. I also need to mention, this bike comfortably cruises on flat sections without any assistance @ 13-15mph; but, if i'm going with the wind or have even the slightest downhill, i'm cruising @ 15-20mph w/out assistance.

This totals to $1880 in time savings in the last year & $360 in gas for a total of $2240. This bike will pay for itself after 2 years of ownership. Not to mention the health benefits and other savings by not driving to work 75% of the work-year or needing to pay for a gym membership.

Eat like s*it and maintained my weight...almost 40 years old and just had our first kid. Use this cost benefit analysis to convince your spouse or yourself to go out & get an e-bike ASAP!

Btw, based on my 16 mile daily commute that has over 900 ft of ascent, i'm getting 26-64 miles per charge. Those hills are steep & I have to stand-up while riding to crank up the tough ones. Not sure how that would be different with a mid-drive motor vs. hub.
M3IQYiP.jpg

Last edited:
My STROMER ST1 LIMITED EDITION that I got exactly 1 year & 3000 miles ago. @$3/gallon for gas & average of 25 MPG...that's a gas savings of ~$360/year or a dollar a day.

Look @ it this way too, for the 188 days I rode my bike to work last year, I saved 188 hrs. A typical work-week is 40 hrs. Considering 188/40 = ~5....I created almost 5 work-weeks of vacation time, instead of commuting by car & going to the gym.

Assume you earn $10/hr. Considering this bike saves me 1hr each day I commute to work by bike instead of car (no need to drive 1hr/day and spend 1hr/day in the gym) I'm saving an additional $10/day. I commute by bike in same amount of time it takes to drive...believe it or not (16 miles total/ day). The key here, is being able to easily exceed 20+ MPH & go up to 28 MPH if I want. I also need to mention, this bike comfortably cruises on flat sections without any assistance @ 13-15mph; but, if i'm going with the wind or have even the slightest downhill, i'm cruising @ 15-20mph w/out assistance.

This totals to $1880 in time savings in the last year & $360 in gas for a total of $2240. This bike will pay for itself after 2 years of ownership. Not to mention the health benefits and other savings by not driving to work 75% of the work-year or needing to pay for a gym membership.

Eat like s*it and maintained my weight...almost 40 years old and just had our first kid. Use this cost benefit analysis to convince your spouse or yourself to go out & get an e-bike ASAP!

Btw, based on my 16 mile daily commute that has over 900 ft of ascent, i'm getting 26-64 miles per charge. Those hills are steep & I have to stand-up while riding to crank up the tough ones. Not sure how that would be different with a mid-crank motor vs. hub.
View attachment 15704

Excellent!
Great to see one more recognizing the benefits of an E-bike and actually put it to use effectively.
Maintaining excellent metabolic rate, sleep quality, health benefits from regular commute is something most car commuters would be oblivious of.

Keep up the great work and spread the e-joy :)

Same boat...got my LE just under a year ago and about to hit 3k. I'd also have to pay $240 a month for parking in downtown Seattle. Traffic has become a nightmare in this city and I'm faster getting around on the e-bike. However, I've spent $500+ on rain gear in order to ride year round. I won't bother calling fuel consumption a savings. My car gets 40+ mpg at $4.75/gallon for biodiesel. Pretty sure I'm consuming the same amount, if not more, money in calories.

Tai

Back